Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the recent directories

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
RickFalck
3085 Views, 12 Replies

Where are the recent directories

In previous versions of Maya (2015 at least) .. when going through the file browser the dropdown would show not only the current folder tree but also a handful of other recently accessed folders at the bottom of the list.. What happened to these? I don't see them anymore. This is super annoying when having to jump from project to project.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: RickFalck

Hi @RickFalck

Do you not see the directories on the left side when you go to navigate through folders? There have been some changes but there are still project tabs, folders etc on the left side like in the image below.

files.png

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 13
RickFalck
in reply to: sean.heasley

I still the content on the left, but i was looking for 'recent places' in the main directory address bar.. see attached images for 2015 vs 2018... did this move somewhere?

Message 4 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @RickFalck

Ah ok, for some reason it doesn't appear by default however if you have Maya open and then click on a few folders the recent places will appear again!

recent.png

Let me know if this helps you out!

Message 5 of 13
RickFalck

Click a few folders where? I don't see this behavior clicking in both the menu dropdown, the file list, bookmarks, or current projects folder.. Perhaps there is another setting in the preferences somewhere that needs to be toggled/ expanded?

Message 6 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @RickFalck

Hmm your screen looks different than mine so I made a quick video just showing how it looks and works on my set up.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!
Message 7 of 13
RickFalck

Yes I am using maya 2018. Fresh install from a few days ago with default prefs. I don't even see the greyed out 'recent places' text, so i feel the functionality isn't being loaded at all.

Note that my fellow co-worker is having the same issue I am having.

Neither of us are using the update (sp1 i assume?) so perhaps I will update that and see if it resolves the issue.

Message 8 of 13
sean.heasley

Hi @RickFalck

Update 1 could help solve this but it is strange that its not being loaded at all.

If you are going to update, let me know how it goes or we can keep working and try and figure this out!

Message 9 of 13
RickFalck

updating to 2018.1 does seem to fix it.

The 'recent places' still did not show up until i clicked on some folders (annoying) like your example. But it's better than not showing up at all.

These places also seem to reset every time you close/ reopen maya. This is also pretty annoying and in my opinion should be logged as a bug or feature improvement to maintain these directories in the prefs somewhere.

thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 13
sean.heasley

Glad the update worked for you!

Unfortunately its a bit hard of an issue to track since it doesnt seem easy to reproduce. That said I'll go ahead and log this with our dev team so its on their radar Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous

I have the same issue with the "recent folders" not showing up for example when i'm trying to assign a texture in a lambert material...

It is indeed working when i alt-click "open file" in File menu.

This is a weird behavior that worked in my previous 2015 installation.

Message 12 of 13
bazhutkin
in reply to: Anonymous

Please fix this problem in Maya 2017! This is very annoying and hinders the work. We will work in this version for another year until the project is completed. Make little patch please!

Message 13 of 13
gaboreturi
in reply to: bazhutkin

I use Maya 2020 and it still not fixed.
Also why Autodesk change things that has been worked in the past?
A lot of bugs and no fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report