Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewport top and right sections blank

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
MayaQueries
1130 Views, 4 Replies

Viewport top and right sections blank

I have been using Maya 2018 for a while now.  Suddenly while working on one of my drawings, the top section and right section of my viewport has gone blank.  I can still work on the drawing, but if I pan or move my object to the top or right of the screen, I can't view the part of the drawing that is in that area (see attachment below).  It is like there is an invisible boarder on my screen.  Now even when I open any new file, the same thing happens too.  Can someone help me?  Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: MayaQueries

Hi @MayaQueries and welcome to the community!

This is most likely an issue with your far clipping plane settings.

To fix this, select your perspective camera, navigate to the Far Clip Plane value and add a few zeroes.

far_clip_plane.png

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @MayaQueries

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 5
swabrahubala

it did not workmaya default.pngScreenshot 2023-07-17 155705.png

Message 5 of 5
swabrahubala

even when i enter a different viewportScreenshot 2023-07-17 161832.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report