Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UV shells moving when I reopen my scene

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
lucas.diaz74
133 Views, 0 Replies

UV shells moving when I reopen my scene

Hey!

I recently noticed a bug on the UV shells of some of my assets: when I make the UVs, save the scene (in .mb) and reopen it, the UV shells have moved.

I then have to move UV shell, then press Ctrl-Z to return them to their original position as I had saved them. In my case, the geometry is not merged, the Freeze Transform and Delete History are done, UVs are unfold, I've also tried deleting the preferences / temporary files but the problem always reappears randomly.

I was under the impression that it was a graphics bug, but if I export a .fbx file of the asset and import it into Substance Painter the UV shells the bug is clearly visible. I lose a lot of time between correction and re-export.

I don't know if this is due to a driver problem, the texel density of my UVs, or to an external source. I found forum pages and saw that several people have had this problem for several years, but no fix has been published and I wanted to know if anyone knew the origin / a way to avoid this problem apart from reinstalling the software.

I'm currently working on Maya Educational Version 2023.3, here are the screenshots if someone can look. Thanks for your time and attention!

Specification of my system
Intel Core i7-7000
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6gb)
RAM 32Gb

Labels (6)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report