Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export textures in DAE_FBX format.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1427 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to export textures in DAE_FBX format.

Hello all, a noob here. I have made a polygon and rendered it and it is a thing of beauty, but the whole purpose for doing so is to be able to use it in Google Earth, and for that, I need to export it as a DAE file.  However, all the Include Options are greyed out including "Include Texture Info" So all I get to export is a single .dae file, and no .mtl file and no texture file(s). It works ok with a pure FBX export, but Google Earth only accepts DAE files.

What am I missing out here?

I have included my Scene file and my texture as a PNG file below. I have used the TGA format in my scene, but you don't allow them to be uploaded. So you will have to convert it to TGA to use it. Also had to zip the MB file as it said the content does not match..

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tony.su
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry. You can't export DAE with texture  from Maya.

In Maya help:

Note: When you export in Collada format, textures are not embedded, even when the Embed Textures option is activated.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/Maya-D...

You can try export other format and then user other tool to get DAE with texture.

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: tony.su

Thank you for the swift response Tony.

Is this something for the future? Should I put a request in?

Thank you kindly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report