Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Issues with Image Plans

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
greech82
382 Views, 5 Replies

Two Issues with Image Plans

I have two basic issues with image planes:

1) Every time I create a fixed image plane from View>Image Plane command in a perspective view, it looks squashed vertically in the render.

2) Every time I create a free image plane from View>Image Plane in orthographic view, then switch to a perspective view, I can never cause the image plane to appear in the perspective render.

Can anyone help with these questions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: greech82

Hi @greech82

You may need to tweak your render settings to fix the squashing issue.

If the image plane isn't appearing in all viewports, you'll need to select the image plane and press CTRL+A to open the Attribute Editor. From there you should see a check circle that says "Display in all Viewports" as long as the image plane is showing in all viewports you should see it in the render.

If this doesn't help, please post some screenshots of your issues and/or attach the scene file and image here so I can take a look at it!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @greech82

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 6
greech82

RE: tweaking render settings, what specifically?

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: greech82

Hi @greech82

Change the size of the render itself or if you're using a frame on the shot you can change that as well.

You can also grab the image plane and change it manually.

If this doesn't help please post some screenshots here and/or attach the scene file so I can take a look at it.

Message 6 of 6
sean.heasley

Hi @greech82

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report