Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trax Vs TIme Editor

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
araps
2508 Views, 4 Replies

Trax Vs TIme Editor

Currently reading the Maya Doc for personal education purposes. i just hit nonlinear anim category and wondering.

I have seen in a forum that Trax editor is obsolete and Time editor its the new Trax... is that accurate? or both have seperate uses ?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: araps

Hi @araps

The Time Editor is pretty much a replacement for the trax editor that came with Maya 2017.

While you can still use the Trax editor, I highly recommend transitioning to the Time editor!

We also have this article and video that gives a great breakdown on the Time Editor!

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5

I am having enormous trouble creating and re-importing clips for the time editor. I am creating a clip, exporting it, however when i try and bring it back in again and drop it into the time editor, the clip appears but no animation is copied onto the rig.

I have gone over the documentation, I have followed to the letter the associated training videos about the time editor with Stephen Roselle, but now matter what i do, I CANNOT add animation from a clip to the rig in the scene through the time editor.

PLEASE HELP!!

Message 4 of 5
moiamy
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @sean.heasley 

In 2021 what is your position regarding the "transitioning to the Time editor" relevance ?

Thansk for your clue

Message 5 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: moiamy

Sean is lo longer in the Forums.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report