Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transforming polys distorts object

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
317 Views, 2 Replies

Transforming polys distorts object

Hey! I've been bugged with this for a few days but been able to work through it. I'm quite new to Maya so if this is a frequent issue, I'm terribly sorry as I couldn't find anything on the forums or through searching around.

Anyone know what could cause this and how I would go about fixing it?
I've tried resetting the options of the tools.

I'm using the Trial Version.
Windows 10 Pro OS
2018 Maya

I have no idea why this has started to happen. It was fine in the starting period but a few weeks ago it started happening.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Watch overlay "slide", you either use a hotkey combination or have Transform Constraint enabled for your Tool.

If something like this happens and you don't know what you did, try Reset Tool and if this does't work try a reset of your preferences:
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Worked! Thank you very much. Any idea on what keybind comb. causes this to happen so I can stop activating it on accident?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report