Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substance Painter for Maya 2019 textures show up pink or magenta.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3302 Views, 7 Replies

Substance Painter for Maya 2019 textures show up pink or magenta.

Hi. I recently downloaded Maya 2019 along with the latest Substance plugin from Allegorithmics web site and everything seemed to have installed correctly. Problem is when I create a Substance texture node and apply it the mesh the mesh turns black in the perspective view (all views) and Arnold renders it pink or magenta color. I followed the steps that Autodesk recommends for updating shaders and turning certain things on and off but I still can not see the texture. Can anyone help please?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

The pink is happening because you aren't using an Arnold shader you are using a Stingray PBS shader.

If you use and Arnold shader like aiStandardSurface you should be able to see the render.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thank you Sean. That was my issue. But, now all of the Substance textures do not have a base color plug for me to plug them in to my ai shader.

Message 4 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

You can connect any Color Output to any Color Input,

so connect "Out Color" to ...Color (like "Base Color" or "Specular Color") at aiStandardSurface.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you but nothing works. I don't think it's me either. I have followed the tutorial from substance exactly and I can't get any substance textures to either plugin correctly or work.

Message 6 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

Here is a detailed explanation how to set it up correct:

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/integrations/arnold-5-for-maya-157352171.html

Message 7 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm just checking in to see if you need more help with this. Did the link that @mspeer  provided work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you.

@mspeer wrote:

Hi!

Here is a detailed explanation how to set it up correct:

https://support.allegorithmic.com/documentation/integrations/arnold-5-for-maya-157352171.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report