Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software problems rendering with Arnold

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1312 Views, 3 Replies

Software problems rendering with Arnold

Hello,

I'm trying to render some scenes however I can't due to this error:

// Error: [driver_exr] defaultArnoldDriver@driver_exr.RGBA: can't create file ".exr": OpenEXR exception: Permission denied.

And whenever I pass the RGBA AOV I will always get an error if I try to use the Render View. What I have to do is use the Arnold Render View and save the file manually. I need to make AO masks for my classes and having to do this separatelly is kind of bothersome,

I also get this error if I try to duplicate an arnold shader and apply it to a mesh.

// Error: line 1: No object matches name: internal_standInSE
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

There was a similar issue in this thread and it looks like your display driver trying to write an EXR file which is unusual.

When you get a chance, can you try loading defaultArnoldDisplayDriver into the Attribute Editor?

Also, is the Image Format set to exr, or is it set to maya? It should be "maya".

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Yes, the image was set to .exr and setting to maya did the trick.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report