Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Hardware

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
295 Views, 1 Reply

Right Hardware

I have 8th Gen core i7, 16 GB Ram and GeForce GTX 1060 6GB with Max-Q Design/PCIe/SSE2.

I followed this simple youtube tutorial and system took roughly 14 mins to complete the render process. Now, I am wondering if I have the right hardware or not. 

https://youtu.be/Nfjttacy6po

Can anyone please advise me about the right hardware? 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! Looks like the user in the tutorial is working with 2017, here are some specific links to use as a reference to check if your machine meets the necessary requirements for that version:

It's also important to make sure that your graphics card drivers are up to date. Out of date drivers can make the viewport run slow, crash frequently, etc. This article has a guide on how to identify driver version, and how to find current downloads: General Troubleshooting Steps for Maya

Lastly, I would make sure that your version of Maya is up to date as well. Updates are separate install processes outside of the initial download - regardless of when Maya is installed, the updates will have to be installed independently. Follow this guide to locate and install the latest updates for your version: Where to find updates for Maya

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with! 🙂 Happy to assist in any way I can!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report