Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does perspective work in Maya and can it be manipulated?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1138 Views, 1 Reply

How does perspective work in Maya and can it be manipulated?

I'm asking this question because of an experiment I tried. I tried animating an a ruby necklace  moving, twisting  and turning in the wind in 2d using perspective. I then made a 3d model of my object in Maya and turned it to match specific frames of my 2d animation to check how it would look. Obviously the 2d object I had drawn didn't look the same  because the vanishing point(s) I made is different from the vanishing point(s)  Maya is using.  However, is it possible to change that. Is it possible to manipulate the vanishing points in Maya, or to do something else to get a result of  similar effect. If there isn't an answer for this question, then I wouldn't mind if someone explained how to properly animate a twisting object in 2d without 3d reference.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jordan.giboney
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting! The perspective view and its behavior is dependent on the settings of the camera - each default viewport in the workspace is it's own individual camera. These camera settings can be changed as you would like 🙂 I would recommend creating a new camera ( Create > Camera ) and then reviewing this article on how to manipulate the settings to suit your project: Camera Settings

Let me know if I can answer any other questions for you 🙂 Happy to help in any way I can!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report