Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Maya2018 wacom viewport tumble bug

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bwhitmire01
564 Views, 7 Replies

Re: Maya2018 wacom viewport tumble bug

Hi everyone, I am running into this issue in Maya 2017 where, WITHOUT holding the Alt key, my view-port in tumbling when my tablet is on the surface. It's driving me insane. How do i get this act normally?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: bwhitmire01

Hi @bwhitmire01 and welcome to the community!

Have you tried deleting your settings/preferences?

You also may want to check to make sure the drivers for you tablet are up to date.

Please let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @bwhitmire01

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 8
bwhitmire01

Hi Sean, unfortunately I haven’t properly tried this yet as I have been away from work but will be back this coming week, I will keep you posted ASAP!!!!!
Message 5 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @bwhitmire01

No worries! I'll keep an eye on this thread and check in with you in a few days unless you get back to me before then Smiley Happy!

Message 6 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @bwhitmire01

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 8
bwhitmire01

Hello Sean! 

Unfortunately it is still not working. When hovering over the screen, is it manipulating the view port which makes it impossible to work.  Myself and my IT guy at work cannot sort it out yet.

The driver that we have is ( 6.3.29-6)

How can i get this working properly? Thank you. 

- Brian 

Message 8 of 8
pavelR.

If you're on windows, try disabling 'windows ink', and if your tablet/Cintiq supports touch, turn it off, either via software or using that (weird) switch they added on the latest Intuos models.

I ran into some issues that if touch is enabled..and it is being used in Maya, the mouse-scroll stops working ...and besides having the most awkward 'multi touch experience' I have ever seen.. I get an app-crashfor free when closing Maya. Happens only if touch is being used...and ofc only in Maya...

If you cannot get your pens mapped using non-windows-ink, delete them (pen presets, Wacom Tablet Properties) at preferences and hover again over the tablet/Cintiq, it will re-detect it. Then try to change the mapping to not use Windows-Ink.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report