Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP Maya 2023 keeps crashes in my animation environment

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gma3a
1244 Views, 1 Reply

PLEASE HELP Maya 2023 keeps crashes in my animation environment

I'd deeply appreciate any kind of help anyone can offer, because this keeps happening over and over and I'm getting quite frustrated and I'm at a loss of what to do.  As the title says, my animation file keeps crashing whenever I try to move around in it. It can load okay, but as soon as I try to do any kind of work, it crashes. This same problem was happening yesterday, but I updated Maya and it was working okay. However, hours ago today, Maya ended up crashing again while I was trying to animate my rig. I work on a MacBook Pro with the 2023.1 student version of Maya and this has never happened before. Every other file I have, except for my incremental saves on this project, work just fine and don't crash at all. It's just this one project that does.

It seems like every solution I've read on this problem isn't working. I've reset my preferences to default three times and nothing has changed. All my incremental saves crash and importing the scene into a new one results in the same thing. I can't go into my Hypershade because it crashes before I can look at all of my nodes for something wrong. Changing my file from a .mb  to .ma and moving the project to my hard drive for more space don't work either. I know that the scene is corrupted with something, so I tried looking in the Script Editor to check for any warnings. I found some about things being "already registered and saved" in the file path registry and I desperately want to fix it, but I know absolutely nothing about coding in Maya. I'm a beginner animation student and this is a project that I need finished asap, because I start my next semester soon and I know I won't have to time to work on this. Also, I found it very strange that the Script Editor says that audio has already been registered and saved when I don't have any audio of any kind in the project.  Does anyone know why that's happening, too?

Sorry for the long paragraphs, I just want to make sure everything that happened is here (also I'm frustrated lol). Any help or new ways to solve this would genuinely save my day and my project; I would hate to have to restart everything. Only the .ma file is able to be attached because Autodesk says that the .mb version doesn't match its file extension. I copy/pasted what it says in the Script Editor, so hopefully someone can maybe see what's wrong in there. Thank you for your time.

Script Editor words below. the x's are for privacy reasons and stuff.

file -f -new;
// untitled
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
onSetCurrentLayout "General";
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'.
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.8.3 (built May 5 2022 22:46:49)
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' and label 'Standin' have been saved already.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' and label 'VDB' have been saved already.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' and label 'Image' have been saved already.
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' and label 'IES' have been saved already.
import arnold
import mtoa
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
updateRenderOverride;
// Bifrost: Pre-loaded mayaUsdPlugin to access proper Maya USD libraries.
// Loading Bifrost version 2.4.0.0-202202121141-d3627ed
// Bifrost: Loading library: Amino, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: AminoMayaTranslation, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: bif, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: bifrostObjectMayaTranslations, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: geometries, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: fluids, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: particles, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: file, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: mpm, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: modeling, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: nucleus, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: simulation, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: riv_types, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: riv, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: scatter_pack, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: graphs, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: usd_pack, from: Autodesk.
// Bifrost: Loading library: BifrostUSDMayaTranslation, from: Autodesk.
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.8.3 (built May 5 2022 22:46:49)
updateRendererUI;
file -f -new;
// untitled
file -import -type "mayaAscii" -ignoreVersion -ra true -mergeNamespacesOnClash false -namespace "actual_bouncingball_project_0013" -options "v=0;p=17;f=0" -pr -importFrameRate true -importTimeRange "override" "/Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.ma";
updateRenderOverride;
// File read in 0.35 seconds.
// /Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.ma
Cached Playback: Memory dedicated to caching has reached its limit, so caching has stopped. To keep working with caching, reduce your playback range or allocate more memory to caching in the Cached Playback section of the Preferences
# Warning: Cached Playback: Out of memory. Allocated memory limit for caching has been reached so caching has stopped. See the Script Editor for details.
addRecentFile("/Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb", "mayaBinary");file -f -options "v=0;" -ignoreVersion -typ "mayaBinary" -o "/Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb";
requires -nodeType "aiOptions" -nodeType "aiAOVDriver" -nodeType "aiAOVFilter" -nodeType "aiSkyDomeLight" -nodeType "aiAtmosphereVolume" -nodeType "aiStandardSurface" "mtoa" "5.1.2";
requires -nodeType "bluePencil" -dataType "czLayerData" "bluePencil" "2.6.1";
requires "stereoCamera" "10.0";
// Warning: line 1239: The default image may not be modified. Use the -i/image flag instead.
// File read in 0.24 seconds.
// /Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb
Cached Playback: Memory dedicated to caching has reached its limit, so caching has stopped. To keep working with caching, reduce your playback range or allocate more memory to caching in the Cached Playback section of the Preferences
# Warning: Cached Playback: Out of memory. Allocated memory limit for caching has been reached so caching has stopped. See the Script Editor for details.
file -f -options "v=0;p=17;f=0" -ignoreVersion -typ "mel" -o "/Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel";addRecentFile("/Users/McKenzie/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel", "mel");
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' and label 'Image' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' and label 'Image' have been saved already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' and label 'IES' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' and label 'IES' have been saved already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' and label 'Standin' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' and label 'Standin' have been saved already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' and label 'VDB' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' and label 'VDB' have been saved already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 8: filePathEditor: Attribute 'audio.filename' and label 'Audio' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 8: filePathEditor: Attribute 'audio.filename' and label 'Audio' have been saved already.
// Error: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 9: filePathEditor: Cannot register label 'Texture'. The label has been used by another type.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 10: filePathEditor: Attribute 'imagePlane.imageName' and label 'Image Plane' have been registered already.
// Warning: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 10: filePathEditor: Attribute 'imagePlane.imageName' and label 'Image Plane' have been saved already.
// Error: file: /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 11: filePathEditor: Cannot register label 'Reference'. The label has been used by another type.
// File read in 0.014 seconds.
// Viewport 2.0 floating point render target is turned on for color management.
# Error: line 1: ValueError: file /Applications/Autodesk/Arnold/mtoa/2023/scripts/mtoa/ui/globals/settings.py line 394: No object matches name: defaultArnoldRenderOptions.atmosphere
file -f -options "v=0;" -ignoreVersion -typ "mayaBinary" -o "/Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb";addRecentFile("/Users/McKenzie/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb", "mayaBinary");
requires -nodeType "aiOptions" -nodeType "aiAOVDriver" -nodeType "aiAOVFilter" -nodeType "aiSkyDomeLight" -nodeType "aiAtmosphereVolume" -nodeType "aiStandardSurface" "mtoa" "5.1.2";
// Warning: line 1239: The default image may not be modified. Use the -i/image flag instead.
// File read in 0.3 seconds.
saveShelf Animation "/Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/shelves/shelf_Animation";
// 1
saveShelf XGen "/Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/shelves/shelf_XGen";
// 1
// Saving preferences to : /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/userPrefs.mel
// Saving window positions to : /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/windowPrefs.mel
// Saving runtime commands to : /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/userRunTimeCommands.mel
// Saving named commands to : /Users/xxxxx/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/userNamedCommands.mel
// Saving plug-in preferences to: /Users/McKenzie/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2023/prefs/pluginPrefs.mel
// Preferences saved. See Script Editor for details.
addRecentFile("/Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb", "mayaBinary");file -f -options "v=0;" -ignoreVersion -loadReferenceDepth "none" -typ "mayaBinary" -o "/Users/McKenzie/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb";
// File read in 0.27 seconds.
// /Users/xxxxx/Documents/maya/projects/ANIM Class/scenes/actual_bouncingball_project.0013.mb

Tags (3)
Labels (4)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
amaterasu-qbb
in reply to: gma3a

Hi! @gma3a .
I think it is a very hard thought. Very interesting animation. Good modeling as well.
I played the animation. No problem. Rendering is fine, but there is no color.
What frames are used for Cam2 (this is the first camera, right?) and what do you use Cam1 for? I confirmed that I could playback up to 500 frames with Cam3.

Question.

• In case you are wondering, what is the last frame of this animation? What format are you planning to render it in, exr?png?
  • What are the specs of your computer?
  • Have you created a project folder in the Project Window? (This will help with rendering).

My idea would be to render a separate scene for each Camera. For example, save and render as Cam1.mb, save and render as Cam2.mb, and save and render as Cam3.mb.
Why? I see in the error message that there is not enough memory.

If you like I can render or playblast it and share it with you. I would like to be helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report