Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object copy-paste between different Maya scenes in Maya 2025 does not work (it works in Maya 2024, 2023, 2022...)

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
artofillusionist
323 Views, 6 Replies

Object copy-paste between different Maya scenes in Maya 2025 does not work (it works in Maya 2024, 2023, 2022...)

Hello,

Many times I open more Maya windows together and open different scenes. I used ctrl+c and ctrl+v to fast copy-paste meshes between Maya scenes, between different Maya windows

What happened? Is this a "what new in Maya 2025" feature?

This worked even between different Maya versions like copy object from Maya 2022 to Maya 2023:

artofillusionist_0-1718116967039.png

If I try copy paste between Maya 2025 scenes, nothing happen. If I try copy paste from Maya 2025 to Maya 2024 windows then I got this error

artofillusionist_1-1718117127648.png

I checked this script is also in the Maya 2025 folder, why it is not working?

Tags (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
brentmc
in reply to: artofillusionist

Hi,

We did some tests and on our end copy/paste has never supported going from a newer version of Maya to an older one.

FYI: We tested all the back back to Maya 2022 and the result was the same - works when going from older to newer version but not the other way around.

If you are feeling adventurous you could modify cutCopyPaste.mel in your Maya installation to add the -ignoreVersion flag to the file -import command in that script. Of course, this may not work if you are using features not available in the older version.

Thanks. 

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 7
artofillusionist
in reply to: brentmc

My problem is not the old versions, but that ctrl+c and ctrl+v copy paste does not work for me between Maya 2025 and an another Maya 2025, however when I use the paste command from the menu, then it is working. Maybe a shortcut issue?

artofillusionist_0-1718189706093.png

Message 4 of 7

Could indeed be another problem. When using 2025.1 to copy paste to another 2025.1 session, everything is working on my end. Have you tried with a set of fresh preferences to possibly eliminate an issue there?  I do not suggest deleting the folder but instead rename the 2025 folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\maya.  start Maya and see if the issue continues.

Nelson Cruz
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 5 of 7

I reseted my Maya settings by deleting the maya folder from the documents, still copy paste (with ctrl+v) does not work for me between Maya 2025 to an another Maya 2025, just only with the "paste" command from the menu. Though I am using Maya 2025 and not 2025.1. 

Message 6 of 7

Can you verify if the lookdevX plugin is loaded.  If so, can you try unloading and re-test your copy/paste workflow? 

unloadPlugin LookdevXMaya.mll;

Nelson Cruz
Manager, Software QA Engineering
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 7 of 7

Yes, the lookdevX plugin is loaded 

I tried copy paste in the pc of other artist in the company, and it is same, copy paste shortcut does not work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report