Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user - beginner questions - does arnold come with maya student version?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
385 Views, 3 Replies

New user - beginner questions - does arnold come with maya student version?

hi im using Maya 2016 (which i think is the latest version we are allowed to use as a student version)

it seems as though 'arnold' renderer is not available,   i needed to download arnold demo version,  but this has a watermark.

my teacher told me that arnold should be available in the student version,  but from what i can tell, its not.

is there anything i can do to rectify this?  maybe its a bug or something im missing

thanks

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Arnold is included in Maya since Maya 2017. (Maya 2016 comes with Mental Ray).

So you need to install a newer version of Maya.

Message 3 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: mspeer

Hi @Anonymous

@mspeer is correct and Arnold is with Maya 2017 and up. That said you need an actual Arnold license to remove the watermark.

Also even though you are on a student license you should be able to install 2017 or 2018.

Please let me know if this information is helpful or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 4 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the information I provided yesterday help you at all?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report