Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New mesh object not showing in view-port !

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
tanmoycgartist
13987 Views, 5 Replies

New mesh object not showing in view-port !

I have a wired issue with maya. I have a particular file which might be infected. Whenever i open that file and  then create poly object or nurb the mesh is not showing in view-port, but it is there in outliner.

But the bigger problem is that even after i close the file the glitch stays. until i close the maya itself.

This is happening only with poly and nurbs object. other than this two everything is showing and working properly.

i'm attaching the file  here. please help.

using

maya 2019.2

vray Next v4.30.01

yeti v3.5.4

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes this file is somehow corrupted.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 6

do you have any idea what is wrong?. opening this file and the opening any other file in the same maya will also infect them. Unfortunately i have infected lots of my project the file this way.

Message 4 of 6
fowlert
in reply to: tanmoycgartist

Few comments after looking at your file, but I think your answer is down in #4...

1. If you ever have problems after opening a file, then try importing it to see if the problem is still there.  If the problem goes away then it’s usually a problem in one of the settings that’s stored in the UI Config node.  If you’ve got an .ma file you can open it and search for “uiConfigurationScriptNode”.  You should see a huge chunk of MEL being set on one of its attributes.  I personally don’t bother ever saving the UI Config in my files, and you can disable that in the “Save panel layouts with file” option in the UI Elements section of the main pref’s.  This big chunk of MEL only gets executed when you are opening a file, not importing one, so that can sometimes help you narrow down where the problem is.  An example of what it can mess up, (this is not your problem though) is the viewport setting to display polygon meshes or not.  If you turn off the display of meshes in your viewport and then save your scene it will save that in the UI Config section and every time you open (but not import) that file then you won’t see any polys…until you remember that you turned that off.

1. Your file has a few callbacks hooked up that I don’t have here so almost every operation spits out errors for me.  E.g. onModelChange3dc.  If you search in your file you’ll see that it’s getting set in the UI Config section, so at this point I open your file, immediately save it, then restart Maya and open the file again.  Now there is no UI Config being executed and some of the errors go away.  Your original problem is still there, but this step helps narrow things down…one less thing to worry about.

1. Now I tried creating a sphere and I get an error about not being able to connect the new shape to the initialShadingGroup because the attribute is locked.  I open up the Hypershade to check out the initialShadingGroup…more errors about not being able to connect to it.  I take a quick look for initialShadingGroup in your file and I see this line:  lockNode -l 0 -lu 1;  That’s the main problem in this file, your file is locking all unpublished attributes on the initialShadingGroup node.  I have no idea why that’s in your file but that messes a lot of stuff up.  In the case of creating a mesh, the base commands which create the objects expect to be able to connect to that and when it can’t it chokes and nothing is hooked up or created correctly.

1. To fix this I would delete that lockNode line from your file, but inside Maya itself you should be able to run:  lockNode -l 0 -lu 0 initialShadingGroup; to get it working again.
Message 5 of 6
tanmoycgartist
in reply to: fowlert

dyaaaam man. Thanks a hell lot. that helped . Unlocking the initialShadingGroup did the trick.

I don't know how it was locked. but can't figure it out why the Maya didn't rested itself when unloading the scene/creating new scene. Don't Maya reset at least to some extend when unloading a scene or creating a fresh new file?

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: tanmoycgartist

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report