Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to fix some error under Linux Mint Mate 19

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
390 Views, 2 Replies

Need help to fix some error under Linux Mint Mate 19

Hello,

I succedeed to install Maya 2017 under Linux Mint Mate 2017 but I have still 2 errors :

First the color management error is still present, although I have make :

echo "LC_ALL=C" >> ~/maya/2017/Maya.env
chmod 777 ~/maya/2017/Maya.env

Sélection_007.png

And when I try to call sur contectuel menu with the Right clic Button I have this error :

Sélection_009.png

Thany you for your hlep !

Bye

Vincent

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

We don't officially support Linux Mint Mate so it's always possible you will encounter errors like this.

For the color management error, we actually have an article on that here!

The solution steps are:

To avoid this error, please try the following workarounds:

1. Try a different remote PC monitoring software, such as Team Viewer or RealVNC
  2. Set viewport renderer to be DirectX not OpenGL
    • To change this setting, navigate to Windows > Settings/Preferences > Preferences > Display > Scroll down, and select DirectX from the Rendering Engine drop-down menu
User-added image
  1. Set the following Environment Variables either through a system variable or through the maya.env file found in the preferences folder:
    • MAYA_CM_DISABLE_ERROR_POPUPS=1
    • MAYA_COLOR_MGT_NO_LOGGING=1
      • On Windows, locate your .env file by navigating to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\maya\VERSION\Maya.env
      • Clicking on the file will open a blank document (unless you have other variables set). Copy and paste the above variables into the file and re-save

Your second issue looks like something with Xgen so I would recommend making sure your GPU drivers are up to date and you'll also want to unload and reload your Xgen plug-ins which can be found under Windows->Settings/Prefs->Plug-in Manager.

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Please let me know if this helps at all or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 3
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report