Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing ViewCube Maya 2015

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
670 Views, 2 Replies

Missing ViewCube Maya 2015

Hi,

As you can see I've got ViewCube at it's default in the ON position in every way possible, but it's not showing up.  I'm a complete newb to Maya and am in an accelerated course so time is of the essence.

Noticed on some other posts that there's something called Viewport 2.0 and it's some kind of glitch in Maya 2015 and supposedly switching back to Legacy will fix the missing ViewCube issue?  

How do I switch back to Legacy?  What is Legacy?  Why would Maya 2015 show there should be a ViewCube and not have one?

Hoping someone is able to help me as I'm trying to rig a character and it sure would be easier with the ViewCube.  I don't even see why the ViewCube would ever be turned to the OFF position?   

You all have been so helpful with me about so many other things that I hope you can help me here and someday I'll be able to pay it back to another person just starting out.

Thanks!  Have a good one!

Sincerely,

Crystal

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In the viewport select the menu Renderer/Legacy Default Viewport.

You may also change your preferences under Display / Viewport 2.0 / Default viewport: Legacy Default Viewport, so you don't have to switch the Viewport Renderer every time you start Maya.

Don't ask me why this is. It's the same in 2016, 2016.5 and 2017.  Get comfortable with these unlogical behaviours, because there will be much more of this while you dig into Maya 😉

Best luck,
Marco

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thank you so much!! 😉 Crystal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report