Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mental Ray plugin for Maya 2016 SP1 not working

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
Anonymous
12357 Views, 40 Replies

Mental Ray plugin for Maya 2016 SP1 not working

Greetings,

I've just installed my student version of Autodesk Maya 2016 SP1 and apparently everything is working fine until I've installed Mental Ray for Maya 2016. The installation itself is fine, however when I'm going to load the plugin inside Maya, a message appears in the code box described as:

// Error: line 1: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libsynColor.2016.0.51.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle
Reason: image not found (Mayatomr) //

Any solution yet to this kind of problem?

Thank you very much,

Pietro Bernardi

40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Are you by chance loading the plug-in through the Maya plug-in manager? Could you also try redownloading the Mental Ray plug-in? Let us know how it goes.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

Hi Matthew,
apparently I haven't downloaded the correct Mental Ray plugin for SP1, I managed to make it work now, thank you for your attention!
Message 4 of 41
Anonymous

Dear Matt,

I am having the same error, I tried the option of re-installing the right one from your link, but no, the thing is when entering the zone of windows>settings,preferences>plugin manager>mayatomr> the " i " button and the " Loaded " doesn't work but "auto loaded" does click.
there is still another lurking error... please help, my email is soundofnature@icloud.com that's urgent.

// Error: line 1: dlopen(/Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle, 1): Library not loaded: @executable_path/libsynColor.2016.0.51.dylib Referenced from: /Applications/Autodesk/mentalrayForMaya2016/plug-ins/Mayatomr.bundle Reason: image not found (Mayatomr)
Message 5 of 41
Anonymous

This is the exact same problem I am having. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous

I was able to get Mental Ray to load. The solution is to be sure you also download the Mental Ray SP1 found here, http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-maya-2016-servi...
Message 7 of 41
Anonymous

Now my problem is that I can't get a file I created in 2014 to batch render in 2016. I am able to render a frame in the Render View. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous

UNfortunately, This answer and the documentation haven't helped me at all.  First of all, there doesn't seem to be any documentation on how to install Mental Ray (ex. Which version of the downloads should I use and if all of them, which order should I install them?)  Obviously, I'm not doing something right.  Please could someone walk me through this?  I'm new to Mental Ray installs.  I have the Student version of Maya 2016.

Thank you.

Message 9 of 41
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

You can download the 2016 Mental Ray Plugin from here.

To install the Mental Ray Plugin, please follow these instructions. I would recommend updating prior to installing the plug-in.

Matt DiMichele

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 10 of 41
Anonymous

Thank you for your help.  Just to clarify, I was not supposed to download and install the "Stand Alone" or "Satellite" executables? I had installed the "Stand Alone" version. Is this something that I need to uninstall?

Message 11 of 41
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

I personally would recommend uninstalling the mental ray plug-in or stand alone before installing the service pack, then reinstalling afterwards. You should be able to have both on you computer.

Matt DiMichele

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous

Would you mind sharing with me what the differences are between the "Stand Alone", "Satellite", and the plugin?

Message 13 of 41
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Mental Ray standalone can operate independently of other software or hardware.

Mental Ray satellite going to be used when you are going to be using slave computers. Here is how to install satellite.

Mental Ray plug-in is simply that, a plug-in module for Maya.

Matt DiMichele

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous

Thank you for the clarification.

Unfortunately, I get an install message error even after I have uninstalled
the "Stand Alone" ; reinstalled the Service Pack; and rebooted.

Here is the message:
"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because the program to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may
update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be
upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade
patch."

My patch is for 2016 SP1 and my version of Maya is 2016 SP1.
There is no file named "Mayatomr.mll" listed under the Plugin Manager

Any thoughts? or is there a tech support that I can call to walk me
through this?

--
toonwonder@gmail.com
(385) 224-0204
Message 15 of 41
adyangyi

I have the exact same problem. I can see mental ray in plug-in manager but it just doesn't allow me to check "loaded" 

Message 16 of 41
matthew.d
in reply to: adyangyi

Hi @adyangyi,

Sorry to hear about the issue, did you try the redownload solution posted previously? @Anonymous please make sure you are redownloading Mental Ray from the service pack 1 page. The mental ray download provided there is different then the first mental ray for Maya 2016.

Matt DiMichele

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous

Yes, I did re download the correct SP 1 version but the problem still
persists. I'm not sure what to do at this point. It's too bad that
Autodesk doesn't have a support system that a tech can work the problem
with a customer. Lesser companies provide support for packages that cost
less.

--
toonwonder@gmail.com
(385) 224-0204
Message 18 of 41
adyangyi

Problem fixed! Don't download mental Ray from the autodesk mental Ray
download page. Go download it from the service pack download page. There is
a list on that page. You can find it there

--
Yangyi Liu
Student at M.S in Advanced Digital Application Program, New York University.
201-744-0073
Message 19 of 41
Anonymous

Hi, I am also having issues getting Mental Ray to work with Maya 2016. I downloaded and installed the service pack 3 and I downloaded and installed mental ray for maya 2016 and I am still not having any luck. Mental Ray is showing up as set to autoload in the plug in manager. Mental ray shows up as a render option but it doesn't actually render anything. It also gives me this error after attempting to render:

mental ray for Maya 2016
mental ray: version 3.13.1.2, Jan 22 2015, revision 236291
mental ray: started on "dova", Tue Oct 13 15:20:07 2015
MSG 0.0 9 MB error 011329: mi-ray/tcp: not a service (check %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\services)
MSG 0.0 9 MB warn 012219: using fallback inet service 7003
MI 1.0 7 MB error: Could not locate MDL shared core library.
MI 3.0 7 MB error: Could not locate MDL shared core library.
MI 2.0 7 MB error: Could not locate MDL shared core library.
PHEN 0.3 11 MB error 051011: shader "maya_shaderglow" not found
PHEN 0.3 11 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaVolumeEngine" not found
PHEN 0.3 11 MB error 051011: shader "maya_state" not found
PHEN 2.2 16 MB error 051011: shader "maya_state" not found
PHEN 1.6 36 MB error 051011: shader "maya_state" not found
PHEN 3.5 37 MB error 051011: shader "maya_state" not found
PHEN 0.6 32 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaShadingEngine" not found
PHEN 3.9 118 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaVolumeEngine" not found
PHEN 2.3 87 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaVolumeEngine" not found
PHEN 1.2 123 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaVolumeEngine" not found
PHEN 3.5 117 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaShadingEngine" not found
PHEN 1.2 123 MB error 051011: shader "adskMayaShadingEngine" not found

I've tried everything that has already been posted in this forum and nothing works. Autodesk, what is up with this?! I've wasted almost half of my day trying to get this work and I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Message 20 of 41
matthew.d

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear about the issue. It appears you are having an issue with you library files. I recommend performing a clean uninstall or Maya. Next disable your antivirus, install from the virtual agent, apply the service pack, and mental ray from that page.

Matt DiMichele

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report