Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Vector output sticks on IFF format

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1795 Views, 14 Replies

Maya Vector output sticks on IFF format

Hello,

I'm working with the Maya Vector renderer and regardless of what I do, the Image Format for the File Output under the Render settings will always revert to IFF despite my choosing of SVG or AI.

The scene is a default cube with a default plane in a freshly installed Maya 2018. All the Render Settings are set to default.

The only change is going from .iff to .svg / .ai. 

It will export to .jpg, which seems odd given it's a vector renderer.

Has anyone experienced this? I feel like I'm going crazy.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

No problem here on windows.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Is there anyone on OSX that's experienced this?

It's pretty integral to why I'm using Maya to begin with, so hopefully, it's something I can resolve soon.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Is it because I'm on the trial subscription?

I've read as far back as 2009 that Mac users have had issues with the Maya Vector renderer regarding .iff format output. I'd hope that it would be fixed by now.

Any thoughts?

Message 5 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

I just tried this on my Mac and had no issues. Its possible that its because you are on trial subscription but first could you try deleting your settings/preferences?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Thanks for replying.

I deleted those preferences and nothing vector-based will output but raster-based images are fine, e.g. PNG. It shows in the Vector renderer fine but will not let me save .ai, .eps, .svg, etc.

I was entertaining using Maya for my 3D platform, hence the trial subscription, but if I can't get a feature as out of the box as this to work, then I don't trust moving forward after the trial subscription.

Perhaps I'll try 2017 to see if it makes any difference but this really is unfortunate.

Message 7 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I double checked on 2018 for Mac and was able to render fine. Did you set your project and name the file before rendering?

I just want to check everything to make sure all the settings are correct. If they are, you may want to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Maya.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

Hello,

I've attached an animated GIF of the settings. This is a new install of 2018. I also installed 2017 for the first time on this Macbook earlier and it didn't work there.

Thanks

Message 9 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I don't see an issue in that gif. You set it to svg and it stayed that way and rendered. Did I miss something?

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Maya Vector output sticks on IFF format.

Here's another GIF with the file in view at the end.

This is very frustrating.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

I installed on a Windows machine using Maya 2018 and it doesn't revert back to the default Maya Vector settings.

I reinstalled on a Mac using Maya 2018 and it removes my settings over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

This person came across this issue but it was something related to rendering layers, so I don't think it applies because I'm using a blank scene on a new installation of Maya with a polygon torus: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1141595

I just find it blasphemous that no one else has experienced this, especially when it wipes out an entire feature set for one renderer.

UGH!

Message 12 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

This might be a shot in the dark but can you take the scene you have and export it then re import into a new Maya scene and render?

Sometimes this can fix weird render issues like this.

Let me know how it goes!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

It didn't work. It sticks on .iff and exports the .iff file no matter which vector format I choose.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

I installed Maya 2018.2 which just came out (and I'd have no idea unless I navigated to the Updates & Add-ons section) thinking it'd fix the issue but it did not.

However, I happened to catch a red flash at the bottom. Naturally, it didn't stay there so I could read it, so I had to screencast the process to read what it wrote. Low and behold

Untitled 2.png

Message 15 of 15
sean.heasley

Ah wow great catch! I had no idea trial mode would affect something like that. Glad you figured it out!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report