Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya scene is not opening

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
569 Views, 2 Replies

Maya scene is not opening

Hi, i was working on a Maya scene for my college project. When i finished i saved the scene like i did with every other scene before. Now i wanted to continue working on the same scene, but it just won't load. I tried importing it, deleted all pref, uninstalled and reinstalled Maya, downloaded the Maya 2018 update, but nothing is working. Once i load the scene Maya completely freezes. Also, an error while opening the scene occurs: Could not find an appropriate startup camera: front. I'm really desperate now, i don't want to start the project from the beginning and i hope you can somehow help me.

I'm sending you the scene trough the following Dropbox link: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5mnt6v8wtdmp6wd/Room2.mb?dl=0  

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Abdulla-Qaladzay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

it works just fine on my Maya 

-you have a lot of construction history on the meshes

-try to work and save your work with Maya  ASCII that way if a bug happened in the scene that will be easier to solve it.because Maya  ASCII file is readable by human.

-always try to have back up and use increment and save. cleaning [deleting the old versions that saved with increment and save ] and picking-up the final version of your work is super easy.

here is the file with .ma file might be it open on your pc now:

if it is still not opining maybe the problem is hardware.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Abdulla-Qaladzay

Thank you for the tips. The scene was still not loading, but i solved it by installing the different version of the GPU driver. Tanks again! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report