Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Rig file giving // Error: line 0: Error reading file. //

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
samliddle96
14525 Views, 15 Replies

Maya Rig file giving // Error: line 0: Error reading file. //

I have been working on the rig the past few days when last night I was working on the file, closed and opened it within 5 minutes and the scene was empty. 

I have tried importing the broken scene into a new scene and it gives me this:

Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// File read in 0.0069 seconds. //
// Error: line 0: Error reading file. //

The file is 3232kb so I know there is data in there, and I have had a colleague open it on maya LT and it opened fine for him. I have brought the file into work and tried on a new computer and it is empty again. 

I am completely stumped. 

If anyone can shine some light on this that would be amazing. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
sean.heasley
in reply to: samliddle96

Hi @samliddle96

If you open an older version of the file does it still happen?

If no, there may be an issue with the specific file you saved and one thing you could try is having your coworker export everything as an fbx and then you can import it into a new scene and save that.

If your coworkers isn't available you could also send me the file via google drive/one drive/dropbox etc and I'd be happy to take a look at it.

Message 3 of 16
samliddle96
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean, 

When I open older files they are also missing the rig.

I have 2017 installed on the machines in work so that will never work. I have had friends have luck on linux based maya 2018. 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E1-7DHw2-YAYe8o6AU33Prpck2eUg0Bv

Here is the rig file. If you do mange to get it open I would greatly appreciate if you could save it as an MA and send it back. 

Thanks 

Sam 

Message 4 of 16
mspeer

Hi!

Here the scene opens fine.

1. This is a Maya 2018 scene file (.mb), so i can't be opened with Maya LT or Maya 2017.

2. The scene contains some doubled render layer information (maybe caused by import) and it looks like you work with legacy Render Layer that's why it crashes at import.

3. Try to solve this (try Open Scene and Import):

a) Enable new Render Setup in preferences.

b) Delete second Render Layer Manager node or second default Render Layer (dependent on Render Layer mode).

C) Optimize Scene Size.

Also check Outliner if object is there but maybe hidden (which should not happen when using Import)

Message 5 of 16
sean.heasley
in reply to: mspeer

Hi @samliddle96

Thanks for sending the file.

I was able to open it as well and recommend following the steps @mspeer provided.

That said, I went ahead and saved it in MA format and you can download it from here!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 6 of 16
sean.heasley

Hi @samliddle96

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

about this problem

i have the same

error line 0; but i cant even open the file which saved in .mb could you convert it for . ma for me please

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

Hello, 

I am having the same issue and I need this file 😞 would u be able to fix mine? it is an .MA

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous

Hello, could you try to save my file ?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U7KlOMTaXUaZlLn8_WWdkXEk7JOshOVN/view?usp=sharing

i was making retopology but PC was Switch oFF and i lost my work. PolySurface1 file can't read. 

Message 10 of 16
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

The file is binary damaged and contains only empty data at the end of the file, so I doubt anything from the lost data can be recovered.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous

I get the following error message
///error line 0: error reading file
I can´t open the file
Message 12 of 16

hi! I am here and came from another thread with the undo turning off error, now this is happening to me now, I cannot read the file, get the same error line 0. I mean, this software doesnt have a personalized support? from the provider we bought Maya, they tell us to go to this forums to solve the technical issues.

Message 13 of 16
mspeer
in reply to: juan.leonMMMPW
Message 14 of 16
juan.leonMMMPW
in reply to: mspeer

thank you mspeer
Message 15 of 16
laetitia_ols

Hello,
I also had a problem with one of my mb files. Can you repair it for me please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/105Q7nuBwNMdVHsFXU20BnukB-k-_6C12/view?usp=sharing
Message 16 of 16
laetitia_ols

Hello,
I also had a problem with one of my mb files. Can you repair it for me please?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/105Q7nuBwNMdVHsFXU20BnukB-k-_6C12/view?usp=sharing

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report