Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya reset preferences without doing it manually?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
malouise
153 Views, 2 Replies

Maya reset preferences without doing it manually?

Hi. When I booted up Maya this morning all the preferences seemed to be reset (the current project set to default, none of my usual bookmarks or file types are saved) even though I haven't touched the prefs folder or changed the project in some time. It's nothing that I cannot redo, but I wonder if anyone knows what could've caused this? Could I have accidentally clicked on something in Maya's interface?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brentmc
in reply to: malouise

Hi,

Any errors in the script editor or output window that would indicate the prefs failed to load?

Have you checked the contents of userPrefs.mel to see if it looks like it still has you old preferences in it?

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 3
malouise
in reply to: brentmc

Thank you for the reply. I had to start working after posting so I redid some of my usual prefs, and it seems like the old prefs are overwritten now (the userPrefs.mel file only shows the new prefs). Now when I restart Maya my new prefs are loaded as usual. Looking back at the version history of the userPrefs.mel file shows that it was half the size this morning compared to when I closed Maya yesterday. So I'm not sure what happened exactly. But if it happens again I will check the things you pointed out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report