Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Playblast makes the program stop working

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1511 Views, 7 Replies

Maya Playblast makes the program stop working

Good day everyone ...

Whenever I playblast my scene with my Standard Maya Camera it works and has no problem

But whenever I use a Camera Aim it says GPU has not enough memory and Maya stops responding ...

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

If you make a new scene with just a cube and try this does the same error occur?

If it is a scene specific issue, when you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hello Sir @sean.heasley 

Sorry but I can't attach the scene file here ... 

Yes my playblast works whenever I open up a new scene, but whenever I'm working on my Project it's stuck on frame 2 with Camera Aim Playblast 

And now I've animated my camera it still crashes 

I tried lowering the Texture resolution on Viewport 2.0 and thought that it may be my GPU can't handle too many data all at once but it still won't work ...

Message 4 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Is the file confidential?

If so, please feel free to zip and send it to me in a private message and I'll be more than happy to look at it!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry but I can't share the file ...

But can you still help me diagnose the file ?  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

You could try changing your evaluation mode or you could also try changing what renderer you use to Maya Hardware to see if that changes anything.

You could also try exporting everything from your current scene into a new empty scene and try to render from there.

I'd just like to reiterate that here at Autodesk we handle confidential files all the time and they are deleted from our machine as soon as the issue is solved.

If you really don't want to post it here or send it to me in a PM you could email it to me at sean.heasley@autodesk.com

Let me know how this goes for you!

Message 7 of 8
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

@sean.heasley 

Thank you again for solving my problem ... I changed my render settings to Maya Hardware and changed my format to jpeg sequence and previewed the file with Fcheck 

Thank you so very much Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report