Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Mental Ray 2017 Licenses

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1203 Views, 6 Replies

Maya Mental Ray 2017 Licenses

In maya mental ray there is three licenses local proffesional and network as im sure network means something, i just want it for myself so do i select local or does local mean something else and i know for 5 machines it installs if i select 5 whats the network option for then, so its question of network vs local i just want for myself and another computer i might buy later this yeah so i would want it in that computer too

thanks

Nikunj

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

pulled straight from that page you are referencing

http://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidiamr/en_US/Content/pbPage.products#_ga=2.116649926.1541760779.1502...

Mental Ray Network License
This 1-year Network License is $395 per machine or $1,495 for 5 machines, and runs on any supported hardware. This license requires advanced networking knowledge to set up and FlexNet Publisher (license server application), must be installed and maintained for the licenses to function. License borrowing is not currently supported, meaning machines must be connected to obtain a license.

Network licensing requires Flex Net  to run to serve out the licenses & requires the computer to be connected to the license manager at all times. Standalone or local means the licenses sit on each computer does not require to be connected to license manager sitting somewhere on your network

unless you have a server to install Flex Net on you would probably want to get a local licenses

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

thanks man

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

I have a question about the NVIDIA rendering software licence.

Can someone explain me th diffence between the 3 License Type

Local
Professional GPU
Network

the reference page:

Thanks.

Denis
Message 5 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

The details are already described at the page from your link.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks for the answer, I had already saw that, but those explenations are not so clear for me.
I understand the difference between the local and the network licenence.
But why that huge diferrence between the local and GPU?
It's juste because it runs on any supported hardware for the first one and not for the GPU?

Thanks.

Denis

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

It's just a rebate for owners of a NVIIDA PRO Graphic Card. This makes the combo of NVIIDA PRO Graphic Card + Mental Ray for Maya very attractive.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report