Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya .mb file corrupted

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jc
Explorer
972 Views, 4 Replies

Maya .mb file corrupted

Hi, 

Yesterday night I saved a mb file in maya 2022, everything was ok, no problems...

Today I loaded the scene, no shaders, no layers, some geometry missing, all geometry looks green, what happened?

When I load the file get this message  for each shader or layer name

// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: name of the shader/layer //

Any ideas??, 2 days of work lost!!

Thank´s in advance

Juan Carlos

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
damaggio
in reply to: jc

Do you have a back up file?

Message 3 of 5
jc
Explorer
in reply to: damaggio

Yes, I have a backup from two days ago..., I'm redoing all the work today, but I'm very concerned about the origin and cause of the corruption of the file, I ask myself questions as Why this happened?, could happen again randomly?, is a Maya version related error?,  is a redshift related error?, perhaps is a corrupted geometry I imported in the scene?...

that´s the question...

Juan Carlos

Message 4 of 5
damaggio

Usually this happens when the file is saved with history.

Message 5 of 5
zewt

It sounds like an incomplete file, if it's missing things like shader connections.  There's probably no way of knowing what happened from the information available, but some suggestions:

- Always save as .MA, not .MB.  It's slightly slower to save and load, but it's easier to recover and troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

- Always increment and save.  Either save with Ctrl-Alt-S, or if you want to do this by default you can check "Incremental Save" in the save options box.  Your last backup should never be two days of work old--this gives you backups constantly, every time you save.  This helps recover from problems, and can also help track down what you were doing at the time that might have triggered a problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report