Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya keeps crashing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
FrancescoBovo
445 Views, 5 Replies

Maya keeps crashing

Hi. My maya 2017 keeps crashing randomly and I don't know why.

The screen freezes and turns white, and I have to manually close the process from the task manager.

I have recently upgraded my ram from 8gb to 16gb thinking that maybe this was the problem, but it turns out It wasn't.

I am using Windows 10, i7 4710 CPU, gtx950m Gpu and a 120gb SSD, in which both maya and the project I'm working on are installed.

I know the system is quite old but I don't think this is enough to make this crash so frequently. As soon as I throw in a somewhat detailed head model for example, it starts getting slow, the input delay gets around 2-3 seconds and then it crashes.

How can I solve?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Have you tried disabling nvidia before using maya? That solved my problem, although it sucks... Go to start and type "Device Manager". Under "Display Adapter", you will see your nvidia version and right-click, disable it.

Message 3 of 6

I’ve been following a maya tutorial that uses maya 2017. Recently i formatted my pc so now i only have installed maya 2017, steam and a few other programs.
Message 4 of 6

I will try as soon as I can and I will let you know!
Message 5 of 6

Hi again! Apparently using my default intel gpu and not the dedicated gpu solved the issue, but the it gets so slow it is almost impossible to use, especially on models that have a high number of polygons. Is there a way to make the nvidia card "work" properly with maya again? It doesn't seem to have any issues with other programs...

Message 6 of 6

Hi, how about, enable the nvidia and disabling intel HD graphics? Somehow having 2 graphic cards makes maya crash often. I don't know why, but my laptop had that problem, yet my PC didn't (my PC only has Nvidia and no integrated graphic card), so maybe it works?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report