Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya is crashing after launching

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
573 Views, 2 Replies

Maya is crashing after launching

Greetings!

A couple of days ago I had a problem with Autodesk maya. That started with the fact that in Oultiner I deleted groups of objects, when I tried to delete one of them, maya crashed. When I tried to run the same file again, it was "damaged": Some vertices were strongly stretched in different directions, on some polygons the normals were turned in the wrong direction, there were shading gaps, and somewhere there were simply no edges. But all this is small compared to the fact that when trying to open other files and new scenes, maya is crashing. At first, when it crashed, it wrote something like "Fatal error. Attemping to save file in ...", then the crash script changed. Maya havent opened scenes at all, immediately upon opening the application, Windows wrote "autodesk maya 2020 stopped working", then it closed, and then - "Autodesk Maya 2020 error Report, A software problem has caused Autodesk maya 2020 to close unexpectedly ...". I even reinstalled windows, deleting all files (except drivers). Maybe a failure because of them? In general, the problem was not solved. I tried to find solutions to the problem on the Internet, but to no avail. Was looking for the crashlog file, but he wasnt there.
I would be grateful for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
beratahmetaj02
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 3
alec.andersenLP8AU
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

@beratahmetaj02 provided a great option! Specifically, I'd suggest checking this guide (also found within his linked article)!

Perform a clean uninstall | Download & Install | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report