Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Indie

69 REPLIES 69
SOLVED
Message 1 of 70
Anonymous
10271 Views, 69 Replies

Maya Indie

Just wanted to say thank you Autodesk for adding this pricing tier. I was in the process of moving my workflow over to Blender but now I can continue using Arnold and Xgen!  I hope Autodesk keep this tier for awhile and not a limited time. 

69 REPLIES 69
Message 21 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, 

Sorry, I haven't heard anything so far - though they do have a French translation to their Maya Indie site, perhaps they will provide the EU with Indie pricing - just speculation on my part.

It seems they are still trying it out and seeing how well it performs in those test countries before making a decision on an international rollout. I hope they do keep it, fingers crossed they roll it out next year for everyone 🙂

Message 22 of 70
pivotgeeks

I hope it will go worldwide atlist this chirstmas 😕 

Message 23 of 70
luismiglez
in reply to: pivotgeeks

I'm also waiting for Maya Indie to be available in Europe. I don't mind if the software is translated, since I have always used Maya in English anyway.

I'm an indie/freelance game developer, and the current Maya subscription is too expensive for me. I've tried Maya LT, but it has limited functionality, especially when exporting assets (can't directly export .dae, for example). So, my only option is to use Blender 2.8 for now, and I miss a lot of the Maya features and workflows.

I hope the Indie subscription model comes to Europe soon. For me, it would be an instant buy.

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
in reply to: maurice.patel

Hello, Maurice:

I've just downloaded Maya Lt because in my country is imposible to download and buy Maya Indie.

Do you know much ir less when it will be available in Spain? (if it will do)

Thanks a lot in advance. I think that if it would be available and continued a lot of people'd buy it.

Thanks so much!!

Message 25 of 70

Same here, instant buy! Hope to get it soon ^^'

Message 26 of 70
maurice.patel

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback we are taking this all into consideration as we plan out our next year. Sorry to be light on teh specifics but we have not finalized our plans yet. Stay tuned

maurice

Message 27 of 70
JabbaTheNut

@maurice.patel ,

Please make the Maya Indie (i.e., full commercial version at an indie price) a full-time offering, instead of a pilot.  If you do, I am all in 🙂

Message 28 of 70

Just another bump to this, partly just to put my hand up as another person who'd be an insta-buy!

One thought, I work between the UK and Italy. If I were to purchase an indie license it while in the UK would it continue to function when I'm working in mainland Europe?

Message 29 of 70

I heard a rumor on the Houdini discord that Autodesk is cancelling the indie program. Hope that’s not true.

Message 30 of 70
pivotgeeks
in reply to: aerys.bat

yaikes !! hope its not true 

Message 31 of 70
JabbaTheNut
in reply to: pivotgeeks

@maurice.patel ,

Is there any truth to the rumor that Autodesk plans to cancel the Indie program?  I realize you may not be able to answer, but can you indicate when Autodesk will make an announcement either way?

Message 32 of 70
maurice.patel
in reply to: JabbaTheNut

Hi No there is no truth to that rumor

Message 33 of 70
JabbaTheNut

@maurice.patel 

That is great news!

Message 34 of 70
aerys.bat

Gonna see where that rumor came from!

Message 35 of 70
Tyler.P1

@maurice.patel 
I was one of the people who started that rumor on the discord server.
I contacted Autodesk support directly, and on 12/17 I got a response saying "Just got a confirmation that you can still make a purchase online with discounted price. Though this promotion will end by January 2020"

Would you be able to confirm that this email was inaccurate? I can send you the email, or give you a case number that I got from support.

Message 36 of 70
aerys.bat
in reply to: Tyler.P1

This is the text of the email that came through customersupport@autodesk.com

Message 37 of 70
maurice.patel

Hi,

Ah I see where the problem is coming from. The Indie program is a pilot and because our only mechanism to run a pilot (this is the way Autodesk's backend works) is via the promo framework,  it is indeed technically a promo. Autodesk promos are limited to a year but can be extended. This is probably why you heard the end date of Jan 2020 ( a year after the start date) but we will continue to extend it with a new promo for 2020. We are in the process of building the business case (based on usage). We are looking at a long term offering. Since we are not 100% sure of the impact of Indie (we are currently monitoring for piracy rates) we need a sufficient period of data before we can finalize the offering. but we will be looking at expanding countries early this year.

maurice

Message 38 of 70
Tyler.P1

Thank you for your clarification! I have been extremely hesitant in subscribing because I'm looking for a long time solution, and if this only lasts for a year- I would just end up being in the same position I am right now, looking for an alternative.

I'm crossing my fingers that you are able to figure an offer out though, I really want to continue using Maya!

Thanks again for your help, Maurice

Message 39 of 70
jdswiney

Maurice,

I hope Autodesk takes the possible instability of the offer and it's effect on a persons decision to purchase into account when looking at all the metrics. As Tyler.P1 mentioned a "long term solution" is a big issue with many of the artists I know. If the sales numbers are low I would hope that the terms of the offer will be taken into consideration as a contributing factor and not a lack of interest in the product or the general idea of the offer.

Message 40 of 70
JabbaTheNut

@maurice.patel 

Yes. Thank you for the clarification.

I would agree with the sentiment expressed by @Tyler.P1 .  I also would be interested in the Indie subscription.  But I will not do it until I know it is a long term solution. Maya would most likely be at the center of an indie’s pipeline. Establishing a pipeline around Maya when it could very likely be a temporary arrangement would prove very disruptive and costly.  Having a solid pipeline with a stable cost structure is critical, especially for indies.

I hope Autodesk factors in the shadow demand of people like us who want the product but won’t commit until the offer is long term.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report