Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya error preferences windows does not open at once

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1672 Views, 3 Replies

maya error preferences windows does not open at once

maya error preferences windows does not open at once but in second time it does.

in line script this error i find.

Error: Value is out of range: 0

when i save my preferences windows setting it says:(A permanent scriptJob cannot be killed)

full scipt is below

saveShelf Custom "C:/Users/Ashish/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/shelves/shelf_Custom";
// Result: 1 //
saveShelf XGen "C:/Users/Ashish/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/shelves/shelf_XGen";
// Result: 1 //
// Saving preferences to : C:/Users/Ashish/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/userPrefs.mel //
// Saving window positions to : C:/Users/Ashish/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/windowPrefs.mel //
// Saving plug-in preferences to: C:/Users/Ashish/Documents/maya/2016/prefs/pluginPrefs.mel //
// Preferences saved. See Script Editor for details. //
// Error: A permanent scriptJob cannot be killed. //

And when i try to cancel then prefereces windows does not close. i have to click on cross button. then it closes.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am having the same problem.

Why is this happening? I didn't have an issue until the past few days. (It's currently November 23, 2017. The first time I remember getting the issue is about two days previously)

Why is it happening?

How can I fix it?

Message 3 of 4
mspeer

Hi!

Try a reset of your preferences.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2018 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2018 to 2018_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 4 of 4
maya.anim.3D

I am happy to find the solution and share it here. I have been searching why I am getting these errors for a while. I noticed that changing the -iv "EEexprEdTextEditor" 0 to -iv "EEexprEdTextEditor" 1 is not working on my old "userPrefs.mel" file. So we need to change the name.

just exit the maya. when the maya is not running, change your "userPrefs.mel" as "userPrefsOLD.mel" (you can find this file in your C:\Users\YOUR FOLDER NAME\Documents\maya\YOUR MAYA VERSION\prefs folder).

After this; When you start to maya, Maya will create a new "userPrefs.mel" that as if you installed a new version of Maya. Even it will be ask in a new window "NEW FEATURES ARE HIGLIGHTED" 🙂

I hope this will help. Many of people suffering with this problem as far as I searched. (It worked on maya 2020.4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report