Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya crashed and now multiple meshes and shaders are gone and in its place is just one green mesh

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Bruce_Pynchon
522 Views, 9 Replies

Maya crashed and now multiple meshes and shaders are gone and in its place is just one green mesh

I've never had this happen before- is there any way I can recover my previous save? I did not save it on crash but for some reason it looks like I did. Additionally, I didn't increment and save and so I'm worried I may be screwed here. Any thoughts?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
teddude75
in reply to: Bruce_Pynchon

You need a shader on your object. Your shader got deleted.

Message 3 of 10

I understand that, but meshes are missing from the scene in the outliner- I don't want to have to recreate everything, I want to be able to revert back to what I had.

Message 4 of 10

All my shaders are gone too so I can't even connect them.

Message 5 of 10
teddude75

Can you show the outliner?

Message 6 of 10

It oddly kept some of the super old stuff but nothing that I've recently done 😕 and all the shaders in the hypershade are gone. 

Message 7 of 10
teddude75

here's where the file saves at crash time. If it's not there then it didn't save. C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp. If you have a pervious version that had shaders then your good. Also if you have textures just apply them again.

Message 8 of 10

Thank you for trying to help- out of curiosity, right under my Maya file is this document -- the timestamp looks the time of my previous save; however, its got an 'mbB7zQbY' extension. Is there any way I can recover this file or use it somehow?

Message 9 of 10
teddude75

Try to change the exstension to .ma (not mb). If your lucky to will open. Also, for the future save .ma because you can editor the file and mb are binary

Message 10 of 10

THANK YOU! That worked!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report