Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya can't send to Mudbox

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
4785 Views, 16 Replies

Maya can't send to Mudbox

it is windows8 64 bits.i can't send anything to mudbox.The button is available,but when open mudbox ,there is nothing.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Make sure you select the object before you try to send and make sure you and have the same up to date mudbox like maya 2012 to mudbox 2012.... it should work if its 2012 to 2013 but vice versa wont work
Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

yes,all are 2014 and i select a object.it still does't work.But thanks for your help
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous

if Mudbox is opening but nothing is being sent, it is probably a problem with the synconfig file.,
The config file is stored in
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy
this folder contains files where you can define the install of software you want to use
also, it would be good to know if it is only Maya --> Mud, or, also Mud -->Maya

Also, is OneClick.mll is set to Loaded and Auto Load, ?
Message 5 of 17
ctbram

I was having a similar problem but both ways with all products in the entertainment creation suite.

I had installed the suite onto my second SSD drive as my SSD containing C: was getting a bit to close to full.

To see if this might be an issue, I completely uninstalled the suite from the I: drive and reinstalled it on the C: drive and I could transfer between all the combinations of products again.

Now note this is not a proof that this was the problem the simple act of reinstalling may have fixed some kind of conflict and I certainly hate this solution as my 240GB SSD containing the C: partition is now down to 10GB free! I cannot concatenate the SSD containing the system partition (thanks Bill G!) and I cannot afford and refuse to pay the extortionary priices of a 512GB SSD.

So now I need to find out from Autodesk if I MUST install their products on the C drive or if the simple act of reinstalling fixed this. I hate to uninstall and go back to the I drive just as a test?!?!

I plan to put a ticket in on this to tech support.

OH and just a note after reinstalling MAX and MAX DESIGN both complained about a problem installing plugins and I had to spend a couple hours to find out the even with an uninstall you have to delete the my documents/max, c:/username/appdata/ ... local/autodesk and roaming/autodesk/ max folders!!!!
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: ctbram

that is,i agree
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: ctbram

you can still install on the I drive, but you MUST then change the config file to point to the correct path
The config file is stored in
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy
Message 8 of 17
g2m.agent

Windows 7 Pro 64bits, same problem:

1. OneClick.mll is ON.

maya2mudbox3.jpg

2. Maya 2014 sp2 send to Mudbox 2014 sp1

maya2mudbox.jpg

3. Connected to Mudbox ... and Mudbox is Starting ...

maya2mudbox2.jpg

4. nothingmaya2mudbox4.jpg

5. check maya log

2013-08-25 16:24:48: : Export: G:/Users/MyName/Documents/maya/projects/TEST/untitled.fbx

6. Maya.2014.1.64.syncfg:(The path is correct.)

-----------------------------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SynHubConfig SchemaVersion="1.0">

<Application

Name="Maya"

StringVersion="Maya 2014 SP2"

NumericVersion="2014"

ExecutablePath="F:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2014\bin\maya.exe"
      Architecture="x86_64"

/>

</SynHubConfig>

7. Mudbox.2014.0.Windows.64.syncfg:(The path is correct.)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SynHubConfig SchemaVersion="1.0">

<Application

Name="Mudbox"

StringVersion="Mudbox 2014.0 SP1"

NumericVersion="2014"

ExecutablePath="F:\Program Files\Autodesk\Mudbox 2014\mudbox.exe"
      Architecture="x86_64"

/>

</SynHubConfig>

Tags (3)
Message 9 of 17
tony.su
in reply to: g2m.agent

You can check Mudbox log. It record all information. And you could find what's wrong when you received the fbx file.

Mudbox log.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 10 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: tony.su

Is this bug fixed in last Maya SP2 update? I can't use Send to feature in any of my ECS 2014 apps because I have it installed on different partition(and not default C).

Message 11 of 17
stumanchu

You may have already solved your problem but just in case, I found that if you launch Mudbox and its open, as well as Maya at the same time, when you send a model to Mudbox, the connection works, but if you just try and send a model from Maya and Mudbox is not open, it will just get hung up and not play nice together.  Hope that helps.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

i can recreate the problem when i turn of internet access for maya

maya cries "could not save project" and crashes.

its working without problems as long i open internet acess for maya

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous

I have the same problem. Mudbox and Maya are updated, but Mudbox won`t send to Maya. 

I want to rigg this alien I created in Maya as I understand that 3Ds Max (have the same problem) is not the ultimate rigging-tool and Maya have become the standar today. Hope someone have  a fix 🙂

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

Funny.

I posted this exact same problem a few months ago and got almost nothing in response.

I am using Maya/Mudbox 2014, I have then both installed on my premiary drive, but I am using OSX, and not Windows.

MB

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous

BUMP! Maya 2014 is b0rked in so many ways, this just being one of them, having the same issue.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: stumanchu

Hope they fix this soon. Its a very handy feature 🙂 

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

I've tried to send between Maya and 3ds Max.

I found folders where fbx file is saved after Send to. For example in 3ds Max Logs->2014.0.1 in max2014exp I can see location of new fbx files being created in AppData->Local.... each time I use Send to in 3ds Max. When I run Maya, click import and choose this new fbx file everything is fine, I have my object from 3ds Max i Maya. So, exporting in Send to works fine I guess. The problem is with import.

Anyone knows where I can find a path that determines location from which Maya imports files after Send to?

All I need to do is to let Maya know, where the exported file from 3ds Max is, to open it automatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report