Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2022 Auto-tangents issue

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
greg.grimes
651 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2022 Auto-tangents issue

Hi I'm having trouble with auto tangents with Maya 2022 & 2020. They seem to be broken? The first picture is what's happening to me and the second picture is a screenshot of my professors screen showing what should be happening. This is happening in both versions of Maya. I've deleted my preferences folder, the Maya environment folder, and reset my preferences in Maya and am still experiencing this issue. incorrect.jpgcorrect.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brentmc
in reply to: greg.grimes

Hi,

I'm thinking this is a graphics card/driver issue so you should check your graphics card/driver against the certified one for your Maya version.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/learn-explore/caas/simplecontent/content/maya-certified-...

Another thing to try is changing your Preferences > Display > Viewport 2.0 Rendering Engine to DirectX 11 as that can sometimes work better with uncertified cards/drivers.

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 8
greg.grimes
in reply to: brentmc

So I followed your advice and changed my render engine to DirectX 11, I
also updated my graphics driver using DriverMax and I'm still having the
same problem. All I've done is put a sphere into the scene, brought the Y
value to 10 and chose option "key selected", then brought the frame to 15
and keyed it at Y value 0. I just don't understand why this is happening
even in a completely new scene?
Message 4 of 8
greg.grimes

So I followed your advice and changed my render engine to Direct11, I also updated my graphics driver using DriverMax and I'm still having the same problem. All I've done is put a sphere into the scene, brought the Y value to 10 and chose option "key selected", then brought the frame to 15 and keyed it at Y value 0. I just don't understand why this is happening even in a completely new scene?

Message 5 of 8
brentmc
in reply to: greg.grimes

Does the animation play back correctly? Trying to figure out if it is just a drawing issue...

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 6 of 8

Hi @greg.grimes,

Thanks for your feedback.

We have a similar issue logged as MAYA-111642 - Graph Editor : Splines representation is broken on Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Can you try setting the tangents to Linear? Does the drawing between the 2 keys looks better with Linear tangents?

Can you tell us what is your graphic card and driver version?

Regards,

Marie-Jeanne

Marie-Jeanne Leduc
Senior QA Analyst
Message 7 of 8
brentmc

Hi,

There is a Graph Editor drawing issue related to integrated Intel GPUs logged. Does your computer have an integrated (or discrete) GPU. If it has a discrete GPU is it being used by Maya?

MAYA-111642 - Graph Editor : Splines representation is broken on Intel HD Graphics 4000

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 8 of 8
greg.grimes

So the first solution worked! I just had to update my graphic drivers on this computer and let it update and then it started functioning correctly! Thanks for all the replies and help 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report