Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2019 viewport bugging

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
rennanmesquita0
1700 Views, 12 Replies

Maya 2019 viewport bugging

Always when i try to press space to divide the viewport in 4 views, my viewport "freeze" in the perspective view, but appears the 4 little screens, if i try to move in a ortographic view, it shows to be there, but actually doesnt appear nothing, i tried to change the viewport 2.0 rendering engine, but nothing happens, I actually dunno how to explain this, but heres a picture, my graphic card is a 1050ti, my nvidia driver is updated and im using win 10viewport.png

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

This is most likely a GPU issue.

While your 1050 is up to date, you'll want to try rolling back to our certified driver version.

You can find our certified hardware list here!

For your 1050 the certified driver is driver version 417.35. You can find a download for that driver here!

Message 3 of 13

I cant download it because isnt windows 10 supported :c
Message 4 of 13

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

Are you sure? That driver isn't that old and should work on Windows 10.

You may need to follow some more in depth steps provided by Nvidia.

Message 5 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 6 of 13

oh, my laptop screen broke while i was installing the driver, tomorrow i
will take it and see!!!
Message 7 of 13

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

Just wanted to see how things were going. Any changes with this?

Message 8 of 13

Hello! I got my pc back, checked if the 417.35 version of the driver is installed well, then i turned my maya on.... still the same problem, so i tried to change the viewport rendering engine to direct x 11 (before was OpenGL core profile) everything on the viewport was white, so i switched back to opengl, if this helps, my 3ds max had viewport issues last year and i switched the viewport renderer to direct x 9 and things turned out great, if its possible to do this to maya, i think would work

Message 9 of 13

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

You can't change to DirectX9. The options are DirectX 11 and then the 3 different options for Open GL.

One thing you may want to check is if you're onboard GPU like an Intel HD is interfering with Maya. In the past with the white viewport issue the solution has been to disable the onboard GPU so Maya can only use your Nvidia GPU.

Message 10 of 13

Ok! Só... How can o do It?
Message 11 of 13

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

1. Right click on my computer.
  2. Select manage from the options.
  3. Now choose DEVICE MANAGER from the left side list.
  4. As soon you click on device manager, on your right side your all pc hardware components information will appear.
  5. Click on arrow sign of DISPLAY option, you will find both of your cards information.
  6. Select and right click on INTEL integrated graphics and select disable.

Note: as soon as you disable intel card, your monitor will go black for 2 sec. don’t panic its just your computer adjusting to using your main GPU.

Message 12 of 13
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @rennanmesquita0 

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided on Friday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 13 of 13

Well, worked out, i will accept as solution because maya is working, but my
pc is really slow rn and its in a strange resolution, i will try to find a
fix for it, but since its not maya related anymore i will close this topic!
thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report