Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2019 Freezes with Internet connection

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
derronr
1050 Views, 18 Replies

Maya 2019 Freezes with Internet connection

Hello,

Can anyone help with a Maya student version problem.

When I open the software it freezes every 10 secs.

When I disconnect the internet connection it does not freeze.

Tried reinstalling software and Firewall blocking.

Nothing seems to help.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
sean.heasley
in reply to: derronr

Hi @derronr 

While you reinstalled, can you try deleting your settings/preferences and see if that changes anything?

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 19
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 19
derronr

Hello Sean,

Unfortunately that did not help it.

The issue is still the same. Happy to try whatever else may help.

Thank you!

Derron

Message 5 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

Do you have the Desktop App installed? If so can you try uninstalling it then launch Maya?

This sounds like a license issue where Maya keeps trying to ping the license server which is why its freezing up.

Message 6 of 19
derronr

Tried this and unfortunately still does not help the problem.

I notice multiple acwebbrowser.exes are running every time I open Maya.

And the program will not run without it.

Whereas 3ds Max, which I have no problems with, runs fine without that exe.

I tried blocking web connection with Firewall tools on both Maya and the acwebbrowser.exe and that made no difference either.

I am on Windows 7 and using a student version of Maya.

Message 7 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

You should be able to remove the acwebbrowser.exe and still have Maya run. I actually covered this issue in a fairly older thread.

From that thread:

The ACWebBrowser.exe is a part of the Maya desktop app which comes with Maya. While it doesn't do much and tends to chill in the background if you do wish to disable it the task manager methods (posted above) work but I have another way!

I am currently running Maya 2017 and Windows 10 and if you navigate to C: >Progam Files(x86) >Autodesk>Autodesk Desktop App you will see a folder named AcWebBrowser.

As long as Maya and the desktop app aren't running (kill them in Task Manager if they are) you can delete the folder and still launch Maya with no issues!

Please let me know if this works!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 8 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 9 of 19
derronr

Unfortunately it did not.

if I kill the task while Maya is running it crashes.

If I remove r rename the AcWebBroswer.exe Mya will not even startup.

Maybe this solution works for Maya 2017 only?

This is a real problem and taking way too long to resolve. I can't lean Maya without connecting to the internet to do tutorials while running software. I have a job coming up next week and nothing is helping. Is there a way to do more problem solving over the phone to speed up the process of trying things?

Really appreciate your help. Thanks

Message 10 of 19
derronr

Also tried 2017.

Same thing, disabling AcWebBrowser makes Maya unable to load up.

Need a fix ASAP.

There has to be a solution. Please advise and let me know if a faster phone consultation is possible.

Thank you

Message 11 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

Did you install via the desktop app? If so you may want to uninstall that and then try launching Maya.

Also, when you uninstalled Maya did you perform a clean uninstallation? If not you'll want to do that.

Message 12 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

Also just to make sure it isn't a hardware issue you may want to check your GPU drivers and make sure the driver version is the same as our certified hardware list.

You can find our certified hardware list here!

Message 13 of 19
derronr

My graphics card is an NVidia GeForce GTX 970.

I see the GTX 980 and 760 but not the 970, that shouldn't be a problem if can support those others right?

Thanks.

Derron Ross

Message 14 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

It should still be able to run Maya yes.

Are the drivers up to date?

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Message 15 of 19
derronr

It say my drivers are up to date.

It must be some sort of windows 7 issue.

If I use Maya on my laptop which has Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 I don't have the problem.

The Desktop PC is Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1.

Message 16 of 19
sean.heasley

Hi @derronr 

That shouldn't be the issue as 2019 is supposed to with with Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

I think this is somehow a licensing issue even though Maya is able to launch so my coworker and I are going to see if we can get you in touch with one of our Installation and Licensing reps.

Message 17 of 19
RamyHammady

I have the same issue ... what should I do??? I have Win 10 and killed the apps related to Autodesk except Maya and the problem still there when the laptop connected to WiFi.

Message 18 of 19

I am also having this issue, but have more information.  I sometimes run Maya 2016 at home with a borrowed network license.  If I connect to the web with a wired connection, it works fine.  If I connect through WiFi, Maya hangs periodically for ten seconds or so each time as I'm working.  Since I have a license borrowed, I'm uncertain how this can be a licensing issue (i.e. periodic web checks for license validity).  It also seems strange that it only occurs during a WiFi connection and never during a wired connection.

Message 19 of 19

Have the same issue with Maya 2016.  Have a license borrowed.  No issues with wired Ethernet connection, but WiFi connection causes the same periodic hanging.  Annoying as all get out.  We're begging now, Autodesk; tell us how to fix this!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report