Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "createBlendShapePanelMenu". //

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
adnanmg
3052 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2018 // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "createBlendShapePanelMenu". //

Hi,

running Maya 2018 on Win 10 64 bit, I'm getting this error when I load a file with blendshapes that was created in 2018 also.

It just comes up every time, maybe once for each blendshape in the scene , then pops up the blendshape panel and the scene loads fine, but it takes a much longer time, going through all of those errors. Any idea what's up?

Thank you,

Adnan

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
adnanmg
in reply to: adnanmg

I reinstalled maya, then I got the attached error. It is a syntax error. Once I fix it, I get the Re: Maya 2018 // Error: line 1: Cannot find procedure "createBlendShapePanelMenu". //

adnanmg_0-1595956456634.png

Any ideas? I don't even need that panel menu...! I just need my files to load faster.

Adnan

Message 3 of 9
adnanmg

With the syntax error fixed (strange that it had a syntax error), it still takes a long time to load the file (without errors now), but for each blendshape it flashes the blendshape panel window...Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix?

Adnan

Message 4 of 9
adnanmg

sorry, here is the file. it failed to upload previously.

Message 5 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

The problem has nothing to do with your Maya version or with BlendShapes in general.

The  problem is a totally messed up scene-file.

There are about

- 500 similar script nodes that get executed when loading your scene.

Example (that's your flicker):

if(`window -exists bpWindow`){deleteUI bpWindow;}; window -rtf 0 -title \"Blend Shapes\" bpWindow;frameLayout -lv 0;blendShapePanel;window -edit -widthHeight 250 350 -tlc 200 200 bpWindow; showWindow bpWindow;";

- 6600 renderLayerManager nodes

...and more.

I recommend to clean up the scene, then the problem is gone.

Message 6 of 9
adnanmg
in reply to: mspeer

Phew. That is a relief. Thanks for taking a look. How do I remove that? I tried optimize scene size, but that did not do it.

Thanks so much!

Adnan

Message 7 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

You could use a custom script to check and remove certain nodes

or remove them manually by using the Outliner:

- Display -> DAG Objects only (uncheck)

- Show -> Show Auxiliary Objects (check)

or other editors like Namespace Editor (you also have more than 750 Namespaces in your scene).

Message 8 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

What you also can try is to select only what you want to keep and export this as a new file.

Message 9 of 9
adnanmg
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks so much for your help. I was working on deleting nodes and then reloading to check. Since all the unneeded nodes are just junk nodes, not connected to anything I need, saving selected just now after reading that suggestion did the trick. That saves me a lot of headache. Thanks!

Adnan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report