Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 & 2019 stops responding

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
daniela.salinasm
782 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2018 & 2019 stops responding

(Google Traductor, sorry)

We are doing school work with .mb files, I can open these files and work on them using school equipment, and on a laptop with the minimum requirements.

I try to open .mb files of a weight of 800 mb or more, in some cases if the files have a weight of 300 mb but the objects are smoothed in 3 does not finish loading them, in addition to a file already open but any object goes to 3 gives the same result: maya stops working and I have to delete it with the task manager, it shows in a visual way that maya stops working, but in the file it freezes in a sequence of seconds that never completes and stops the program without giving an opportunity to close it or mark an error.

I have an Intel Core I7-7700K 4.20GHz

32 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro P1000 video card

Windows 10 home, full updates

Visual Studio C ++

Maya 2018 student version, full updates

Maya 2019 student version, full updates

At first I thought it was because of the RAM, I made an extension from 16 GB to 32 GB.

I downloaded Maya 2019 but the same situation occurs.

Investigate the minimum requirements for its use and it seems that I comply with them.

Reinstall and download the program in multiple methods. You format my computer and I did a clean installation (2 times), I changed the NVIDIA drivers and I can not find any solutions.

(Versión original)

Estamos realizando un trabajo escolar con archivos .mb, puedo abrir estos archivos y trabajar en ellos utilizando los equipos escolares, y en una laptop con los requerimientos mínimos.

Intento abrir archivos .mb de un peso de 800 mb o más, en algunos casos si los archivos tienen un peso de 300 mb pero los objetos están suavizados en 3 no termina de cargarlos, además de un archivo ya abierto pero cualquier objeto pasa a 3 da el mismo resultado: maya deja de trabajar y tengo que suprimir con el administrador de tareas, este sí muestra de una forma visual que maya deja de trabajar, pero en el archivo se congela en una secuencia de segundos que nunca se completa y detiene el programa sin dar oportunidad de cerrarlo o marcar algún error.

Tengo un Intel Core I7-7700K 4.20GHz

RAM de 32 GB

Tarjeta de video NVIDIA Quadro P1000

Windows 10 home, actualizaciones completas

Visual Studio C++

Maya 2018 versión estudiante, actualizaciones completas

Maya 2019 versión estudiante, actualizaciones completas

Al principio pensé que era por la RAM, he hice una ampliación de 16 GB a 32 GB.

Me descarge el Maya 2019 pero se presenta la mismo situación.

Investigue los requerimiento mínimos para su uso y parece ser que los cumplo.

Reinstale y descargue el programa en múltiples métodos. Formate mi computadora e hice una instalacion limpia (2 veces), cambie los Driver de NVIDIA y ya no encuentro soluciones.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi @daniela.salinasm  and welcome to the community!

It looks like Maya is using your Intel HD card and not your specific Nvidia GPU. If you open Device Manager you can right click on the Intel HD card and disable it so then Maya will be forced to use the Nvidia GPU which may help.

Please let me know if anything changes!

Esto es de traductor de google.

Parece que Maya está usando tu tarjeta Intel HD y no tu GPU Nvidia específica. Si abre el Administrador de dispositivos, puede hacer clic con el botón derecho en la tarjeta Intel HD y deshabilitarla para que Maya se vea obligada a usar la GPU Nvidia, lo que puede ayudar.

Por favor, hágamelo saber si algo cambia!

Message 3 of 6

(Google Traductor)

Thank you very much for answering and typing it in Spanish. Do not bite into "accept solution" because I do not know if the forum closed.

If your solution served me as you said, and I was born the doubt that in the preferences of Maya 2018, in "GPU Chache" I took as main the NVIDIA video card from before the solution but I took into account the Intel .

How can I make maya take the NVIDIA card into account without having to disable the Intel card?

(Versión original)

Muchas gracias por contestar y taducirlo a español.No le pique en “aceptar solución” porque no se si se cerrara el foro.

Si me sirvio tu solución tal y como dijiste, y me nacio la duda que en las preferencias de Maya 2018, en “GPU Chache”  me toma como principal la tarjeta de video NVIDIA desde antes de la solución pero me tomaba en cuenta la de Intel.

¿Como puedo hacer que maya  tome en cuenta la tarjeta NVIDIA sin tener que estar deshabilitado la de Intel?

Message 4 of 6

Hi @daniela.salinasm 

If you right click on your Desktop you should see Nvidia Control Panel as an option. From there you can set your GPU to be the default video card for Maya. I'm not sure if there's a Spanish version but here's a link to the website.

Did you try disabling the Intel HD card though? Did it not work?

Traductor de google

Si hace clic derecho en su escritorio, debería ver el Panel de control de Nvidia como una opción. Desde allí puede configurar su GPU para que sea la tarjeta de video predeterminada para Maya. No estoy seguro de si hay una versión en español, pero aquí hay un enlace al sitio web.

¿Intentaste deshabilitar la tarjeta Intel HD? ¿No funcionó?

Message 5 of 6
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @daniela.salinasm 

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided on Friday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Traductor de google

Solo estoy comprobando de nuevo para ver si necesita más ayuda con esto. ¿Te funcionó la sugerencia que te proporcioné el viernes?

Si es así, haga clic en Aceptar como solución en las publicaciones que lo ayudaron para que otros miembros de la comunidad puedan encontrarlas fácilmente.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Here's what's happened and here is the fix.

You are no longer accessing the NVIDIA drivers but the onboard driver for the slot the card is in.

Strangely device manager will not show this as it's an onboard chip that's controlling the card slot. You need to use DDU (look it up on line) and tell it to remove the non NVIDIA Drivers (or non AMD if that's what you are using) Reboot to the proper drivers and it will be fixed.

It took me a while to locate which driver error I and so many others were getting, but this should solve the majority of users headaches - the driver issue explains why both 2018 and 2019 fail and maybe earlier versions as well. It can be caused be moving cards from one slot to another or a windows update among other things that may cause a driver detection error.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report