Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Student version, Mental Ray and Arnold License

23 REPLIES 23
SOLVED
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
24571 Views, 23 Replies

Maya 2017 Student version, Mental Ray and Arnold License

So if I get Maya 2017 Student version how does Arnold work with it? I heard with Arnold you have to have a separate Arnold License to use it if that is the case will Mental Ray be available for 2017? If using the student license for Maya 2017 is the user stuck with the Maya software Renderer if they dont get an Arnold License? 

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
Stephen.Blair
in reply to: Mdaquibxxx

Render > Render Sequence

@Mdaquibxxx wrote:
How can i do foreground render for multiple frames in maya 2017 Using Arnold. How can i get a sequence of rendered images without the watermark.
Again i am not talking about batch render.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 22 of 24
Mdaquibxxx
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for reply 🤘 !
Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Stephen.Blair

What I've found on Render>Render Sequence is that while it works a treat, you need to do something first.

You must render at least a snapshot through the Maya Render Window through the camera you have specified. It does not matter if you have your camera set to Renderable in Render Settings and it is the only one. Maya will always default to render through the perp camera. Until, that is, you render that first image through your camera. Once you've rendered that image through your camera, Maya will render through the Render Window no problem.

And you can, if you need to keep working, open up another instance of Maya to work alongside the one that is rendering!

I hope this helps.

Excelsior!

Eric Kunzendorf

Jacksonville University

Message 24 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: maurice.patel

asdf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report