Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blend Shapes - Re-ordered on export from Maya

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
chris
1548 Views, 5 Replies

Blend Shapes - Re-ordered on export from Maya

Hey,

I wasn't sure where I should post this, but since I am getting the error on FBX export from Maya I thought I'd try here.

It's hard to explain, but basically it appears as though my blend shapes are changing order when exported to FBX. Some are flipping from left to right side of the face and others are now controlling completely different parts of the face once converted to FBX.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
saihtam
in reply to: chris

Can you please provide a screen shot or video of what's going on? Do you have any other inputs than skinning and/or blendshapes on your mesh?

- Mathias
Message 3 of 6
chris
in reply to: saihtam

Hey,

No other inputs other than skinning and blendshapes. I am working with a tech animator and even he seems to be stumped although he doesn't have much experience with FBX. From what I can tell it is ignoring blend shapes that are using a connection, although I have tried breaking connections and still can't manage to get the blend shapes to export.

Message 4 of 6
chris

I got the issue solved.

The reason for our woes was FBX format doesn't like gaps in the weight index order of any blendShape, eg 0, 1, 3, 4 (in this case index 2 might have been removed).  This results in missing targets when they are exported.  Here blendShape is baked out and then reassigned to a fresh ordered blendShape node, eliminating the problem.

Message 5 of 6
splatfrog

"Here blendShape is baked out and then reassigned to a fresh ordered blendShape node..."

Sorry I know this is an old post, but I've been pounding my head trying to solve the same issue. Would you have the time to describe how exactly you "reassigned to a fresh ordered blendShape node". I'm fairly certain I can use the same solution, just unsure how to do that. Thank you in advance 🙂

Message 6 of 6
splatfrog

"Here blendShape is baked out and then reassigned to a fresh ordered blendShape node..."

Sorry I know this is an old post, but I've been pounding my head trying to solve the same issue. Would you have the time to describe how exactly you "reassigned to a fresh ordered blendShape node". I'm fairly certain I can use the same solution, just unsure how to do that. Thank you in advance 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report