Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 export dxf?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3998 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2017 export dxf?

How do you export as dxf in Maya 2017?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
cornelh
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

Maya 2017 does not currently have any DXF nor DWG export at the moment.  This is being deal with as the current ATF is still being updated.  This will most likely be set for your next Update in the near future.

For now, you can use Maya 2016 from Ext 1 (not Ext 2) and use Direct Connect plugin then save in a Maya native file format and open in Maya 2017

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you, yet rest assured we are well aware of it and getting ATF up to speed ASAP!

Thank you.

Message 3 of 8
ermalkoci
in reply to: cornelh

Really?

You understand how lame that is? DXF is the oldest format in the book. Why would you remove it from export options? You didn't have to do anything, just let it be as it was.

I'm trying to export some object to illustrator and as it seems DXF might do the trick. That is of course if you didn't remove it from export options, which you did. 

Message 4 of 8
mspeer
in reply to: ermalkoci

Hi!

With Maya 2018 (and ATF support) DXF is back, though this will not help you if you use Maya 2017.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-CE85B76E-EA98-4FB3-BAF1-99730CA3220B

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Im in Maya 2018 and no DXF. It seems odd theres no option for this. I really cant understand why no export curve options from Maya?

Message 6 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

What do you mean, DWG_ATF / DXF_ATF is not listed to you or does not work?

Do you have the plug-in installed and enabled?

Please show a screenshot of your export formats available.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

The file says it exports from Mayas bottom edge yet the actual file fails to show up when I export DWG.
There is NO DXF export still. I am using a Wacom Cintiq Companion and these feature were available on the last version of Maya I was using which is 2016.
I am also having issue with STL_ATF opening in other programs but Im not sure if its related.

NOdxfMAYA.jpg

Message 8 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

Just add .dxf to your filename when chosen DWG_ATF to export as DXF (i guess).

But you are right there are no files saved although Maya reports a saved // Result: ....dwg, or // Result: ....dxf.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report