Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manipulating Seam only on one UV Shell

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2057 Views, 3 Replies

Manipulating Seam only on one UV Shell

How would I go about manipulating the seam only on the second UV Shell, without stitching the two Shells together. Basically i'm just trying to flatten and move that edge on the bottom shell, but when I do any edits it will move the seam on the shell above it as well. Methods like Unfold only apply at the shell level, is there really no counterpart to edge selection at the shell level?
Seems like a very simple task, but for some reason I can't find out how Maya wants me to go about this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

If you want to move UV's you should select UV's and not Edges.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Going to UV mode seems like it works. Thank you! But can you really only select vertices in UV mode? I can see a use case for being able to select edges and faces in a UV shell/ in UV mode, but not a use case for having to move a seam on two different shells simultaneously. 

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

You can select an edge if you want, but this single edge represents all connected UV's even if they are in separate shells, so they will move all at once.

If you want to select individual UV's you have to select UV's.

A comparison may be, if you move one face you will move all surrounding vertices of this face too, if you want to move only some of the vertices you'll have to select only those vertices by vertex selection, you can't separate them by face selection.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report