Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 Extension 2 Download Link

88 REPLIES 88
SOLVED
Message 1 of 89
Anonymous
23463 Views, 88 Replies

Maya 2016 Extension 2 Download Link

Please advise where I gain access to Maya Extension 2, as I cannot locate it in my account anywhere. Extension 1 is still available in the Product Enhancements archive, but its no longer listed under the ECSU Updates & Add-ons section like it was in the past. In fact that the ECSU updates section for 2016 is now completely blank, when I'm pretty sure it was populated with data when I last downloaded Extension 1.  The 2015 suite for example still has everything in its update section.

88 REPLIES 88
Message 61 of 89
emiccs
in reply to: ElectricGeisha

any eta on this getting resolved? i'm on maya with softimage maintenence.

Message 62 of 89
Kranos_Orphydian
in reply to: emiccs

is this extension available for educational license as well (yet). I cannot see it under my accounts downloads or updates

Message 63 of 89
adenne
in reply to: Kranos_Orphydian

did you read the thread?
Message 64 of 89
Kranos_Orphydian
in reply to: adenne

didnt found anything about the educational license at least on the last pages.

A yes or no or maybe  would have been enough

Message 65 of 89
buic
in reply to: emiccs

I've forwarded your contact internally so people can look into your specific case. I've heard it is fixed but haven't received official word that is is indeed fixed. So I'm hesitant to post. For thos that still have trouble, please log a support case. If you need access urgently feel free to private IM me and I will send your info also to the team that can investogate your accounts.

Message 66 of 89
buic
in reply to: Kranos_Orphydian

It's not available yet. They are working on setting this up.
Message 67 of 89
Anonymous
in reply to: buic

I saw the educational version show up today, it doesn't appear at the top of the list, you have to scroll down. I can't seem to get it to license, is there a new procedure? I even tried generating another license, it gives me a screen to specifiy the license server, I choose the single server and give it the name and I get a "Network License not Available Error [-96.7.0]". I can ping the server, and previous versions still work. On trial for now... 

Message 68 of 89
RudyRG3D

Is there any ETA for user of Maya with Softimage? Nothing pops up in my Autodesk Application Manager and there is also nothing under my profile updates via my Autodesk account. Thank You.

Note: I have started a Support Ticket with Autodesk as well, but this is something that should be fixed for all users.

Message 69 of 89
buic
in reply to: RudyRG3D

From what I hear, it was in the process of reposting yesterday. Today they are in process of testing. However, these things can only be tested once the it's LIVE. I hope we hear back soon and it is successful...Since it is Live, could you give another try too?
Message 70 of 89
RudyRG3D

Hello Buic,

Thank you for the reply. I just checked my account two minutes ago, and when I click on "Maya with Softimage" for products, and go to "Downloads" it now appears as an option under "Updates & Add-ons." However, if I click at the bottom of that same pop-up where it says "View All Enhancements" it brings me to a different page where it is supposed to show all the enhancements that I have, and it is not there. I can grab it the first way though.

In addition, I also checked my Autodesk Application Manager, and that still does not have any updates. I do prefer to grab my files via the Application Manager.

Thank you for following up and, yes, I can grab the files now only one way, the other two do not show anything yet. Do you know if they are working on the Application Manager, as well?

Thanks again for the fast reply and help!

Message 71 of 89
buic
in reply to: RudyRG3D

Good to hear that it is working. As for your other questions, I'm hearing the enhancements page will be retired soon and so builds will no longer be available there. The Application Manager is being investigated.
Message 72 of 89
Anonymous
in reply to: matthew.d

When will Extension 2 be out for educational users?

Message 73 of 89
matthew.d
in reply to: Anonymous

We have no news to report on this at the moment @Anonymous.

Matt DiMichele
Autodesk Product Blogs | @ADSKCommunity Twitter

Likes are greatly appreciated. Everyone enjoys a thumbs up!

Please Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue, to help others benefit and locate it.
Message 74 of 89
RudyRG3D

Hello Buic,

I just checked my Autodesk Application Manager, and it is still not picking up the Extension 2 Update. Do you know when this might be fixed?

Thank You.

Message 75 of 89
Anonymous

@Anonymous

If you check for Extension 2 under the ECSU hopfully you'll see it even if you're an educational customer.  I'm education, though I am both volume licensed and individually licensed for almost everything.  It doesn't show up under my Maya 2016 licenses, but it does show up under all of my ECSU licenses as of about 2-3 weeks ago.

If your not licensed for the ECSU, request that, and you'll hopfully gain access to Extension 2 immediately through its download page.

Message 76 of 89
adenne

I cant see it under education license of ECSU.  I can see maya, max, mudbox etc but not extension2

I wonder why this is so confusing?

Message 77 of 89
Anonymous
Message 78 of 89
Anonymous

hello all maya extension is now available for download on the EDU package just downloaded it is a sperate programe so you will need to copy your 2016 pref files into 2016.5 for your customised settings , also new mental ray download aswell. hope this helps anyone that is strugeling 🙂

.leon

Message 79 of 89
danrod3d

Hello,

I read through the entire thread and I went to my account page and clicked the downloads section and looked for the products and updates section and I see no link to download extension 1 or two for maya. 😕 Can anyone help or please provide a direct download link to EXT2? The only one I find is for educational versions int he freesoftware section. 

Does EXT 1 need to be installed?

Message 80 of 89
Anonymous
in reply to: danrod3d

Is on the add ons link. You will find the software there.

The Extension is basically a Maya 2016.5 . So you don't need the extension 1. In other words is another Maya. It would not replace your existent one.

I hope this help you.

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report