Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Maya 2020 compatible with RTX 3060 ?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
charlux
3853 Views, 3 Replies

Is Maya 2020 compatible with RTX 3060 ?

It seems like the compatible graphic card list for Maya 2020 is no longer updated and I have some students willing to buy a RTX 3060 and we can’t figure out if it’s going to work fine with Maya 2020. The list for Maya 2022 does not include RTX 3060 but 3070 and higher. Here it seems that it works but I can’t figure out with which version of Maya. Thanks. 

https://www.game-debate.com/low-vs-ultra-graphics-settings/5049-autodesk-maya-3d/5015-geforce-rtx-30...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hamsterHamster
in reply to: charlux

At least the card in question is in the supported GPU list for Arnold. And weaker cards also are supported. Would be logical to conclude that not everything tested doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Might be worth vising the nVidia's KB and compare those supported boards with yours - if the architecture is similar, just more cores, more ram, then it likely should.

If only anybody has particular experience with 3060.

,,,_°(O__O)°_,,,
Maya2019.1 @ Windows10 & GeForce GTX1080Ti

If the post was helpful, click the
 ACCEPT SOLUTION  button, so others might find it much more easily.

Message 3 of 4
charlux
in reply to: hamsterHamster

I found someone that has a 3060 and it seems to work fine. Not much details though… Thanks for your reply !
Message 4 of 4
arcon76
in reply to: charlux

I have the 3060 and it works fine. Any card or even integrated graphics will work with Maya, the only thing you have to be careful of is the renderer you choose. Most GPU renderers like Redshift will only support CUDA cards (nVidia).

Remember you must install the Studio Drivers (not the Game-Ready driver) if you want 10 bit color.

Autodesk hardware support lists are always out of date and should be ignored.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report