Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error on startup - Maya 2018 student version

45 REPLIES 45
SOLVED
Message 1 of 46
Anonymous
19509 Views, 45 Replies

Fatal error on startup - Maya 2018 student version

I just downloaded my second copy of Maya onto my second device, as allowed by my student license, and whenever I try starting it up, it gives me a fatal error before it even draws the interface or displays the scene. I don't know what's wrong considering it still works on my laptop, which has lower specs, so any help would be helpful.

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

What are the hardware specs of your machine?

Steps to find your pc specs can be found here!

Also, what GPU are you using and are the drivers up to date?

Steps to update your drivers can be found here!

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

My desktop has the following components:

Windows 10 Home 10.0.16299 Build 16299
Intel Core i7-7700 7th gen CPU @3.60GHz 4 Cores
8.0 GB DDR4 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU

My laptop, which the software still works on, has:
Windows 10 Home
Intel Core i7 4th gen CPU

8.0 GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860m GPU

My GPU on my desktop should be up to date as well, as I have it set to automatically update my NVIDIA drivers as they come out. 

If I missed any information you'd need, let me know!

Message 4 of 46
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for posting the specs of both machines!

First step we can try is making sure there's no GPU issues. While your GPU may be on the most current driver, our certified driver for your 1060 is version 388.43.

When you get a chance, can you please uninstall your current GPU drivers then install the driver version 388.43 which can be found here!

If that doesn't solve it, you may also want to check your firewall and anti-virus to make sure nothing is blocking Maya access.

Please let me know if this works for you or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 5 of 46
Anonymous

I tried uninstalling the current drivers and installing the one linked, but I still get the fatal error.
I apologize for not saying this sooner, but let me show what the error message says as I am having trouble with2018-03-19 17_14_25-.png

Message 6 of 46
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Hmmm ok.

Other users with this issue have had success in create a system variable called MAYA_DISABLE_CIP here in the Windows Control Panel.

When you get a chance can you try these steps?

9-5-2017 1-35-42 PM.jpg

If that doesn't work, you may want to perform a clean uninstall/reinstall of Maya.

Please let me know if either of these work for you or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 7 of 46
Anonymous

I tried creating the system variable, but that didnt work, so I tried uninstalling the program completely and reinstalling it, but I am still getting the same error message.

Message 8 of 46
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm ok this is tough.

Is there an error log when this crash happens?

You can find this log here -> C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Temp  (the *username* will be whatever your username is on your machine.)

If there is an error log, when you get a chance can you please attach it here so I can take a look at it?

Message 9 of 46
Anonymous

Here they are. I didnt know which 3 to send so i attached all 3

Message 10 of 46
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for attaching the crash log!

It looks like its pointing to your igdrclneo64.dll file which can be found at C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e\igdrclneo64.dll

Generally a clean uninstall should remove any files that could be causing the issue but this looks like an old amd driver.

I'd recommend making a copy of it and pasting it somewhere like your desktop and then remove the file from that location and try to launch Maya.

Please let me know if this works or if you need any more assistance!

Message 11 of 46
Anonymous

I went to the file as indicated, copied it to my desktop, deleted it from the folder, and tried re-launching maya but Its still giving me the same error message as before.

Message 12 of 46
mspeer

Hi!

Please disable any onboard or integrated graphic device for your system.

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

How would I go about doing that? 

Message 14 of 46
Anonymous

I tried to disable my integrated graphics card, but when i went to the manager,it said that only my GTX 1060 was enabled, and I couldn't find it anywhere else, so I think it's already disabled.

Message 15 of 46
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Has the gtx 1060 been the only GPU in your machine or did you upgrade to it? It;s possible there may be old drivers lying around on your machine that could be causing the issue.

Also another small change, can you please check to make sure your anti virus/firewall isn't blocking Maya in anyway?

Here's how to allow a program through your firewall.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous

I bought the computer with the GTX 1060 installed within it, and I have not done anything to the internals of the machine at all. I bought it just about a month ago or so now, and when i powered it up and connected it to the internet for the first time, I had to install the NVIDIA drivers, so it can't be those.

I looked at the firewall, saw that Maya was not on the list of programs allowed through, so I put it on it and made it able to access both public and private networks. I then started it up but I am still getting the same error.

Message 17 of 46
mspeer

Hi!

The problem is likely with your Intel Display Drivers for your onboard/integrated GPU.

Try updating or uninstalling them.

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous

Are you sure that would be the problem, though? Currently I am very sure my integrated graphics card is disabled, and everything on my desktop is plugged into the GTX graphics card, so it wouldnt use the integrated one. Also, in the NVIDIA control panel, Maya is set to use the NVIDIA card, not the integrated one. 

Message 19 of 46
mspeer

Hi!

I am not 100% sure but based on your CrashLog it's very likely:

For example check this:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1040942/faulting-module-name-igdrclneo64-dll/?offset=3

Message 20 of 46
Anonymous

I took a look at the link, and saw the bottom message there, and I did find that file where the intel drivers are, but I don't know what to do with them, and when I tried using DisplayDriverUninstaller, it only detected my NVIDIA drivers, not my Intel one, so I didn't do anything. What should I be doing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report