Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive grooming xgen hair cache problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1238 Views, 4 Replies

interactive grooming xgen hair cache problem

Hi~I've been using xgen intractive grooming tool recently,and now I need to render hair on renderfarm, as far as I know~I need to cache hair to make sure it can be render correctly ( otherwise those hairs will jump off the position because of those different rendering nodes), so here is my quesiton,:

1. if I have already cache the guides of hairs, do I need to cache  whole hair again in descrptions manu "create new cache?

2. what is the right way acutally? becuase I find it creates huge size of abc file (over 1GB at least) if I cache the whole hair from descrpition manu~is that really neccssary? or there is another way?

thank you, kinda being stuck there```help me

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

If there's animation you can use the File/Export Patches for Batch Render animation cache which might be a little less on file size but generally the cache is going to create a large file depending on how complex your scene/hair is.

As for your first question, I don't believe you need to do a new cache if you already made one of the guides unless of course you've made changes to them since you made the cache. That said, the easiest way to test this is to render with the cache you have and if it doesn't come out right then make a new cache and render again.

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

thanx for your reply~for tranditional xgen I think "export pacthes for bantch render" works just fine~but "export cache file"(cache whole hair/fur, not just cache guides)in interactive grooming mode is a problem to me~1st, the file size is BIG,( well, I can accept that if it's nesscesary)2nd, sometimes it's too big to load, (normally it will load cached file automaticly after cache created)which makes my pc crush down oftenly,that bothers me a lot~

Message 4 of 5
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Is your PC actually crashing when loading the cache?

If so that is indeed a problem however if its just taking a while to load that may be due to your hardware/cache size.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

I run a test on renderfarm, seems use guide cache could solve the problem~ cache whole hair might not be the solustion, the data is too big to load~

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report