Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant crash

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kanaiko
1828 Views, 8 Replies

Instant crash

Hello everybody, i write this post because i have a problem and i can't find any anwsers.

Maya 2018 (all update) crash every time i open a file. Maya instantly and infinitly block without error message. 

I've tried to restor the factory setting of mi comptuter, but it was useless, nothing have change. I'm totaly lost.

Maya 2017 work well. I can open some files, i don't know why, because they are identical to the files wich crah.

The script Editor show this messages:

file -f -new;
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/rememberViewportSettings.mel line 29: Active stereo does not work with Aero enabled. Active stereo has been disabled. //
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
onSetCurrentLayout "Maya Classic";
// Warning: file: C:\Users\drago\OneDrive\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 4: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'. //
// Warning: file: C:\Users\drago\OneDrive\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 5: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'. //
// Warning: file: C:\Users\drago\OneDrive\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 6: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'. //
// Warning: file: C:\Users\drago\OneDrive\Documents\maya\2018\prefs\filePathEditorRegistryPrefs.mel line 7: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' is invalid or is not designated 'usedAsFilename'. //
// AbcExport v1.0 using Alembic 1.7.5 (built Feb 6 2018 18:28:08)
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiStandIn.dso' and label 'Standin' have been saved already. //
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiVolume.filename' and label 'VDB' have been saved already. //
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiImage.filename' and label 'Image' have been saved already. //
// Warning: line 1: filePathEditor: Attribute 'aiPhotometricLight.aiFilename' and label 'IES' have been saved already. //
import arnold
// Successfully imported python module 'arnold'
import mtoa
// Successfully imported python module 'mtoa'
import mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer;mtoa.cmds.registerArnoldRenderer.registerArnoldRenderer()
// Successfully registered renderer 'arnold'
updateRenderOverride;
// Warning: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/startup/autoLoadPlugin.mel line 35: Loading plug-in "mtoa" has resulted in changes to the scene that may need to be saved. //
// AbcImport v1.0 using Alembic 1.7.5 (built Feb 6 2018 18:28:08)
updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;

Sorry for mi english, and i hope you can help me.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: kanaiko

Hi @kanaiko

It looks like Maya is pointing to a few errors with Arnold.

Does this happen with any file or only one specific file? If you make a new scene with a basic cube and save it then try to open it again does Maya crash?

You can try uninstalling Arnold and then opening the scene file.

Solid Angle has steps on how to uninstall Arnold you can find here!

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

Theses are default messages from Maya start and has nothing to do with a crash when opening a specific scene.

Please upload a scene-file.

Message 4 of 9
kanaiko
in reply to: mspeer

I've uninstal Arnold but nothing change. And maya don't crash with the new scene.

I've attach a exempl of file wich crash maya.

Message 5 of 9
kanaiko

I find something ! I think maya doesn't use the good graphique card. It use the GC of mi precessor instead of mi real CG.Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @kanaiko

Ah my mistake I misread your initial post and thanks for attaching the file and your system specs!

Maya defaulting to your Intel HD card isn't good so you can try disabling that in device manager.

Control Panel > Hardware/Device Manager > Display Adapters > right click on Intel HD and disable.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to make sure your 1060 GPU driver version is the same as our certified hardware list!

You can find our certified hardware list here!

Message 7 of 9
mspeer

Hi!

1. Disable the Intel card in windows.

2. Try Import instead of Open Scene

3. Try with the latest Maya version, Maya 2018.4

Here the scene opens (i just get some warnings about missing Mental Ray and other stuff).

Message 8 of 9
kanaiko
in reply to: sean.heasley

I did everything you tell me, but now,  i've got this:Capture_2.PNG

Message 9 of 9
kanaiko

I finaly find something. First i used display driver uninstaller to unistal the driver of the cpu of mi processor. Next, i add maya in the 3d parameter of my Nvidia parameter panel. And know, it work. Thanx for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report