Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Sequence (Texture) Over Network Freezing Maya 2015

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1269 Views, 2 Replies

Image Sequence (Texture) Over Network Freezing Maya 2015

I am getting an issue in Maya 2015 SP5 Windows where I load in an image sequence as a file texture over the network and Maya freezes up and becomes practically useless.  It does not crash, but does become too slow to use.

I have borught in an image sequence as an image plane and that works fine.  Also, other bandwidth intensive data, like ncloth caches and Alembic caches come in fine and performance is as expected.  It is just image sequences as a texture on the network that are freezing Maya.  I even made a very small 256X256 jpg sequence as a test and it still froze Maya.  Maya does not freeze completely when I have the sequence stored locally, but it is not fast.

The viewport does not need to be in shaded mode for this to happen.  Also I have turned swatch rendering off.

I do get this error when I check the Use Image Sequence box ( I have typed Xs to hide path):

setAttr "file1.useFrameExtension" 1;
// Warning: Texture file T:/XXXXXXXXX.1001.jpg doesn't exist, node file1 //

The image is there and works fine as a still image.

Anyone else having this issue???

Maya 2015 SP5

Windows 7 Professional SP1

HP Z820

Dual Xeon 3.0

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

On the Mac I am getting this error as well ( I have typed Xs to hide filenames):

// Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2015/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/AETemplates/AEfileTemplate.mel line 52: Image conversion (to IFF) failed //
// Error: Image conversion (to IFF) failed //
// Warning: Failed to open texture file /volumes/XXXXXXXXXXXXX.1001.jpg //

Message 3 of 3
rafaelbmancini
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you already figure out how to solve this? I'm getting the same problem here...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report