Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I reached my limit with Maya

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pevides__
653 Views, 3 Replies

I reached my limit with Maya

Hi everyone. 

Its sad this is my first post here, but I feel I have to give my opinion about something.

This is directed to the Auto Desk developers. I think feedback is important, and I think its important to tell why I´m stopping using Maya (just a regular user here).

I´ve been using Maya for years and I´ve seen some programs grow week after week (hello Blender) and Maya always been stagnated.

Do you see.... I don´t really care about constant updates. What I care is stability. To me knowing that a program will open and execute every single command I make, is very important. Thats security for work...means everything.

If you fail to delivery that, I´m done.

After a disappointing Maya 2023, I waited for Maya 2024 to decide if I would continue with Autodesk.

With Blender at the door, you could not fail. Period.

Now I updated to Maya 2024 and since then, I have luck if the program starts. I have to try 3 to 5 times for Maya to start without crashing. I even formatted my pc and mac. Same thing. 2 completely different systems.

Bullet and shatter are a bugged completely mess. I´m not talking about crashes here. I´m talking about funny bugs. Like shatter a mesh and the mesh disappearing or scale itself by 700%. In the case of Bullet.. I have luck if the animations start. It´s hit and miss. The bugs are too many to count.

Worse than that, EVERY single plugin I bough that requires Python don´t work. Read this twice and think about that for a second. Seriously. Read again!

Yes, I know that there is a method to install and bla bla bla. You know what? I´m not a programmer. I don´t care about coding. Thats YOUR JOB.

But I tried to do your job, and ran the command lines to install python and even had a message saying that python installed successfully. I even opened the script editor and wrote the last command line to import one thing to finish the installation of python (I guess????). And the plugins I bought still don´t work. Multiple errors that I don´t understand and frankly don´t even care. I used the plugins that I paid with my own money in huge works and now I can´t even open the projects. Do you understand the problem?

I´m a senior modeler. Expecting people that buy your program to resolve problems like this is just dumb.

It´s like buying a car and then receiving a email from the manufacter saying "to have electricity in your car, all you have to do, is buying a welding machine and start messing with dozens of cables. 

I also know, that you don´t directly support the python team or something like that. You know what?  With the other programs growing I feel that you guys should support everything to save Maya. Above all, you should care about your costumer. Basically all I´m saying is that you left me without hand.

Thays my point of view. Thank you for reading this text. Good luck for the future and get your shªt together. Maya should have a lot of people working in the program. I mean A LOT. One team just for solving bugs, other for upgrades and so on. 

Thank you once again.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Ιάσονας
in reply to: pevides__

after using maya 2023 and maya 2024 i came to the same conclusion, but luckily there are other version of maya then just 2023 and 2024,

most stable versions for me have been 2018 and 2020.3 im using 2020

Message 3 of 4
BurkhardRammner
in reply to: pevides__

Funny to read the complaints for Maya 2024..
Have been using Maya for over 20 years...and it would be a myth to say it was ever different than today.
Bugs all over the place which take years to fix. Lacking functionality other 3D programs had for years. Half baked features...
Even back in 2003 or so people were so frustrated about Maya but had to use it because it was 'industry standard'.

20 years of endless pain. I had to replace or add functionality myself like the boolean node which was a total disaster before integrating carve.

When I learned 3D my teacher told me one thing which I never forgot: in the end, only blender will be there, the others gone (maybe Houdini survives).
And unfortunately, the people in charge at Autodesk do nothing but help with this process.

I gave up with Maya some years ago.. and still use Maya 2020 (not forced to rent it, haha!) because of all the stuff I wrote for it.

Personally, I think most of the threads here are written by bots..because..who the F'*k of the younger generation should still use doomed Maya?

Message 4 of 4

Thats a natural thing. If Maya isnt for you use an other tool. Thats how it is.

Blender is for a lot of tasks the better option. But not for every user.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report