Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track navigate (side-to-side) on a Macbook Pro?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
11622 Views, 6 Replies

How to track navigate (side-to-side) on a Macbook Pro?

Hi,,

How do we track navigate in Maya user interface on a Macbook Pro laptop ? On windows I would have used Alt+MMB+Click ,but we do not have MMB on a Macbook Pro . SO how do we do it in Maya on a Mac ?

Thanks.,
Datta
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rimcrazy
in reply to: Anonymous

Real simple

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104080
Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rimcrazy

hi,

I m not looking forward to buy a wireless mouse to get my work done .Please let me know if it is possible using the touch pad on my mac laptop ?

thanks.,
Message 4 of 7
rimcrazy

I was not being flip about it. I really can't see how you can be the least bit productive working Maya without a 3 button mouse. I have a MBPro as well as a MacPro. That particular mouse I linked to at Newegg is small, the wireless receiver stores in the mouse and acts as a switch to turn it off. Battery lasts for months. Mac's natively want to only be one button. You can get a rt mouse button by putting two fingers on the pad, holding down click, releasing the two fingers and then draging on the pad. I know of no way of getting a middle mouse button just using keyboard/trackpad incantations. Just getting a rt mouse button is near rediculous. It is your pain but unless your only Maya time is sitting somewhere with your laptop in your lap, I'd get the mouse and save Maya time when you have a table.
Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

you can set your preferences to 2 or 1 button mapping. then you can use command+option+right click to pan.

with 1 button mapping you won't have dollying, but you can use 2 finger drag to zoom in and out. with 2 button mapping you use command+option+right, but it is almost impossible to do because there is no 2 finger tap and drag- you have to click with two fingers and go into a drag and that's hard.

1 button works fine if you really need to go there.

edit: i started working with the 1button mapping on my laptop because the only mouse i have is a wacom tablet and it's a pain to drag it out and connect it every time. the 2 finger scroll/zoom stopped working half way through but the control+option+click started working for dollying. 1 button mapping works pretty well once you get used to it.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

On my machine it was Command-option-Left and not right that performed tracking. I tried right and it wasn't doing anything...

Bob
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Command-option

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report