Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make curve shape the gutter of pages in a book.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
436 Views, 3 Replies

how to make curve shape the gutter of pages in a book.

hi;

I created a book but the problem is, when the book is open the pages didn't take the curve shape, how do I can fix it.

1.PNG

I mean how I can give them curve shape:

2.PNG

Martin

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I would do this by having joints setup along the page of the book like in this video:

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

thank you Mr.sean;

it was new thing that I learned in this clip. thanks a lot.

but, I created the book with nCloth, the problem is in gutter of the paper. my pages gutter don't stay like this picture. 

1.PNG

my book pages stay in flat shape and it damages the reality of physical shape of paper when a book is open.

I want my pages of book stay like what is in top image. 

gratfully

Martin

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Ah ok I misunderstood the issue. Have you checked your settings, gravity etc to make sure they aren't set incorrectly and causing this issue?

If you watch this quick video you can see that the paper sits normally and animates properly.

I think if you look at your model and tweak the nCloth settings etc you should be able to get a better result.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report